I promised in my last post that I'd share a holiday tour of our new home and here it is!
It's a doozy so grab a cup of cocoa and settle in! We moved into our home in February so this is our first Christmas at the new place.It felt like Christmas as we were opening up our crates and storage bags to see what we actually brought with us. We downsized so I had to really narrow down what to keep. Here's a peek into our entry and you can see both of our trees on the main floor reflected in the mirror.
This is a new tree and I love it so much. I didn't add ornaments. I just love the twinkling lights and the lifelike cedar branches. It's a 7.5 foot My Texas House tree from Walmart that I found back in October.
I just found this tree skirt at a local holiday bazaar. It is perfect for this tree and doesn't take up much floor space which is at a premium.
Looking into our living, dining and kitchen areas.
We have an electric fireplace in here that used to be in our primary bedroom. It holds a few decorations on it's shelves.
I was so thrilled to see that I kept my Christmas village! They fit nicely on the fireplace mantle. I also have some handmade sculptures by our daughters standing watch over the village.
Standing at the fireplace and looking back into the room. We got a new sofa back in September! I never got around to doing a post about it but here it is. I love adding festive pillows and pillow covers. I also added in our throw from World Market.
Here's a photo of the old sofa that used to be in our living room at the old house. It was a PB Basic Pottery Barn sofa and it looked pretty but wasn't very comfortable anymore. We missed our sectional and now we have one again. The new sofa is modular so we can move the pieces around in different formations.
Miss Willow sure loves it!
Moving into the dining area which is where we have our main tree.
This was before the kids decorated it for us. We had to get new lights this year and I also got some little battery operated candles that I really love.
A bit of our Christmas wrapping and our Christmas china on the hutch. Since we no longer have a china cabinet, I bought some plate stands to display our china on the open shelves. It's working perfectly.
Into the kitchen we go, do I need to refill your cocoa? This is the first time I've had an open soffit above my cabinets and it just needed some decoration. On the right hand side I already had some baskets so I just added some fairy lights and continud them across the window on a garland. I used a tension rod to hold the garland and added my traditional Ikea gingerbread cookies.
Here's a daytime look at the kitchen. We had a little garland accident one night and I lost most of the cookies but they were up for awhile.
Moving into our family room....this is where we put our Disney tree that is full of ornaments and memories from our many Disney trips over the years. More Disney trips here and our Christmas at Disneyland Paris here.
Taking a little break myself.
We added a gas insert to this fireplace and this is where we hang our stockings. I added another garland and lights to the mantle.
A view of the other side of the room. We found a good place to hang our Disney Christmas plates and our Merry Christmas banner. I've also added in some more holiday pillows and a checkered throw.I did a bit of decorating in here...;.
...with some pastel pinks and some gnome artwork.
The primary bedroom got a new little tree (another My Texas Home one). We put some cozy checkered flannel sheets on the bed and added some holiday pillow covers to existing pillows.
I like to hang the stocking that my grandmother made for me over the bed. In the corner we have our "believe" pillow and a winter scarf over my favorite thrifted chair from 2014. 10 points if you've been with me that long and can remember this chair!
We don't usually decorate the new main bath but I picked up this little tree at Target that just goes with the vibe in there.
Here's the guest room where we have our winter white tree. We already had the reindeer blanket, pillows and reindeer pillow cover for this bed.
We used to have this tree in our living room at the old house. I consolidated our ornaments and it now has a wintry, silver and blue theme now. I thought the Anthropologie bag matched our decor in here as well as the faux sheepskin that is usually on the sofa (now a bed).
Mr. Click's office got a little plaid throw and some holiday pillow covers as well.
Finally (are you still with me?) is our little set up outside. We had the little chalet and the tree farm sign and just added outdoor plaid pillow covers and a planter from Costco. Phew....that was a long one! Thanks for coming along on our tour!
If you're interested in our previous Christmases and want to see most of the current decor in our old house, you can start here.
Please follow me!
Instagram @heather_ourlife
Facebook ourlifeinaclick
Pin It


12 comments:
Oh, it's a Christmas wonderland! Love all the trees, but the new one is really cute. I love a tree with no ornaments...simple and beautiful. Do you have an outlet above your cabinets for the lights ? Or are they battery ones? I would love to do that and wish I had added some outlets up there when our unit was being finished. I used to have LOTS of stuff up in that space in our homes...I kind of went simple style - just a few things - but you have inspired me. When I am all out decorating I like to wrap empty boxes - and heaven knows I have enough from all the online shopping - and have them stuffed in that area. Next year! Merry Christmas and enjoy your first celebration in your beautiful new home!
So pretty and festive- love the touches that are in lots of rooms. I hope you are enjoying the season- it would be hard not to at least when you are at home :).
@Maria. Thank you so much!! We are enjoying it so much. I will miss it when it comes down! I hope you're enjoying the holiday season as well! Thanks for stopping over!
Wow Heather, I LOVE your home and the holiday decorations! I love all of your trees and I too like the way you decorated in the kitchen. It looks so festive! I hope you have a wonderful week and thanks for the tour of your new home.
The whole house looks so beautiful and festive. I love that you have little touches in all the rooms.
Wonderful holiday decorations.
Hi, I love the new tree.
I love all the rooms, so festive. And so many twinkle lights, my favorite.
I like your mug too. ;-)
And I like the winter white tree, I do not remember that one from years past.
Carla
This was so much fun! The new tree is great! I especially love the reindeer tree skirt and that adorable Santa mug! You did a great job!
It all looks so great and how fun to decorate in your new home! I especially love all the holiday throw pillows.
It all looks so festive!!
Wow, that looks super amazing. Very nice.
Looks very festive, cosy and inviting. Enjoy #TalkaboutitTuesday
Post a Comment