Monday, December 23, 2024

More Holiday Fun-Christmas In Philly & Seaside Holiday Home Tour

We wanted to get in as many holiday activities as we could this year and we had a jam packed week of them.
It started with our annual trip into Philly.  We first went to Macy's for their holiday light show.  It's become a tradition for us.
Then we toured Macy's Dickens Village.
After that we headed over to the Christmas Villages.

I love seeing the ice skaters!
We picked a good day that wasn't too busy.

We wanted to go somewhere festive for lunch and McGillin's Old Ale House was perfect!
It's also the oldest operating pub in Philadelphia.
We walked around some more and then stopped for some coffee at Elixr.
Our next stop was the Comcast Building for their amazing light show. This was our first time seeing it.
Outside was a hot chocolate bar, dj and some cool ice sculptures.
We made a quick reservation to ride the Universal Sphere. It's a free and immersive experience in the other Comcast building.   The ride is kind of like Soarin' in Disney with a very cute Shrek theme.  It was also our first time on the ride.  That ended a fun and festive day in Philly!
The festive fun didn't end there though. We also took a holiday home tour.
We had tickets for the historic holiday home tour in Ocean Grove, New Jersey.
I was especially interested in the tents from the tent community that gets set up every summer.  You can read about it here.

The town has so many historic homes and it was fun to get a peek inside some of them.
We also got to tour a few of the town's inns and bed & breakfasts.
Some of them had amazing views of the ocean.
This was a girlie apartment done up in pinks and sparkles.
There were a few lines to wait in when only a few people could tour at a time.  It was a self guided tour and we really enjoyed it!
We caught the end of the holiday bazaar at the Asbury Hotel one night. This is where I found my new tree skirt.
It was such a cool place to hang out in the lobby and look at the decorations.

I hope you have a peaceful, magical and wonderful holiday! 


Please follow me! 
Instagram @heather_ourlife 
Facebook ourlifeinaclick

Linking up:





 

Pin It

10 comments:

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Although I live 1/2 hour outside of Philly, I'm never there for the Christmas season as we do winters in Florida. Looks like some wonderful stuff that I'm missing. Merry Christmas.

Joanne said...

Lots of fun festivities! You never hear much about Philly and their decorations since NYC and Chicago seem to get all the credit but it sounds like you had some really neat displays to see.

Carla from The River said...

LOVE seeing all the photos of the Holiday fun!! :-)

ALLIE NYC said...

I have a friend that lives in Philly. I would love to visit her one year during the holiday season.Looks like so many festive things to do. Thanks for sharing here!!

Allie of
allienyc.com

csuhpat1 said...

Philly looks so very cool for the Christmas season. That pub looks super amazing.

Tamar SB said...

That looks so fun and festive!

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

It's so nice that you and your husband were able to get to Philly to do so many fun and festive activities. My brother and sister-in-law go to Asbury each year to visit and see the festive market. I hope you had a Merry Christmas and have a happy new year Heather.

R's Rue said...

Looks wonderful.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Jyoti said...

Fabulous holiday fun! Wonderful Post! Wishing you a great day!
Rampdiary

Amy Johnson said...

So much holiday fun! Philly looks like a great place to visit during the holidays. I love the old homes. Happy New Year!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails