Thursday, August 8, 2024

{Recipe} Dad's Marinade For Chicken & Tofu (or Beef)*Updated*

I've mentioned this recipe before and thought it wasn't up on the blog but I just realized I made one back in 2015.   I'm giving it a little update now.  I've always called this "Dad's Marinade" but it's actually his dad's recipe and it's actuall called-Barbecue Sauce for Chicken or Beef (and in this case, tofu).  I'm not a fan of traditional barbecue sauce and consider this more of a marinade.
Ingredients (for 2 -3 pounds of protein)
Dry Ingredients:
2 TBS flour
2 TBS sugar
1 tsp salt
Liquid Ingredients:
1 cup oil (I use avocado)
3/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup lemon juice
6 TBS total of the following sauces:( I use 2 TBS of each)
Worcestershire Sauce
Soy Sauce
A-1 Steak Sauce
2 bouillon cubes (I use No-Chicken bouillon)
1/2 tsp Tabasco
1/2 cup wine (optional)
To make:
  • Warm liquid ingredients and sauces in a medium sized sauce pan
  • Sift in dry ingredients
  • Heat, stirring frequently until browned and thickened
  • Add bouillon cubes, tabasco and wine
  • If it needs extending add: {1/2 cup oil, 1/4 cup lemon juice, 1/4 cup wine, 1 TBS A-1 sauce}
  • Let cool before pouring over protein to marinate
  • Marinate for several hours or overnight in a covered dish in the fridge
  • Broil or Grill using marinade to baste
We made this recently when we had visitors and it was such a nice memory of my dad (he always used chicken thighs but we used chicken breast and tofu).
I also made my Strawberry Crunch Cake and it was just as delicious as I remembered!



Please follow me!
Instagram @heather_ourlife 
Facebook ourlifeinaclick

Linking up:

Pin It

4 comments:

Ann said...

Thanks so much for sharing this...I have been buying Wegmans marinated chicken, or doing my own with salad dressing - but I prefer to have my own with knowing everything that is in the stuff. Going to print this and try it soon!

Joanne said...

That sounds yummy!

Carla from The River said...

YUM!!! And THANK YOU!!

Hena Tayeb said...

This is perfect. I have chicken breast just waiting for a marinade for tonight's dinner. Now I know exactly what to do.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails