Here's another "TikTok made me try it" recipe. This tastes like one of those strawberry shortcake frozen bars from Good Humor.
Bonus: I found all of the ingredients at Dollar Tree (it was a sign!). I didn't make mine vegan but there are easy vegan swaps for all of the ingredients (and Oreos are accidentally vegan).
Ingredients:
(Full Recipe, I halved it)
1 Strawberry Box Cake Mix (If you can't find strawberry cake mix, you can add some strawberry jello mix to your batter)
1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 tub Cool Whip, thawed (or homemade whipped cream)
20 Golden Oreos, crushed
1/2 stick butter, melted
2-3 TBS Freeze dried strawberries, crushed
fresh strawberries for garnish (optional)
To make:
- Bake cake as directed on package.
- While cake is baking, make the crunch topping: Combine crushed oreos with freeze dried strawberries and melted butter in a bowl. Set aside.
- When cake is done baking, remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes, poke holes with a fork and pour sweetened condensed milk over the top and let is soak in.
- Frost cake with thawed whipped topping(I used about 1/2 of a tub) or homemade whipped cream.
- Sprinkle crunch topping over the frosted cake.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Enjoy!
I topped mine with some fresh strawberries. It was a hit and I can't wait to make it again. Next time I might try chocolate cake with regular Oreos. The possibilities are endless!
Please follow me!
Instagram @heather_ourlife



10 comments:
Yum
Looks delicious - perfect for now when the strawberries are SO good!
Heather, this looks so good! I will have to try this out this summer. Thanks for sharing this dessert recipe.
Oh I used to LOVE those bars; we're going to have to try this recipe.
WOW!!! Thank you for sharing!! :-)
I love to cook, but don't bake that much. But this looks so delicious!
That looks so very yummy. Thanks for showing us how to make it.
That sounds fun for summer!
That looks so tasty! Thank you for sharing the recipe :)
Oh so yum!
Post a Comment