Monday, July 22, 2024

{Travel} D.I.S.N.E.Y/Orlando Trip

Sorry I've been MIA lately.  I just got home from an epic trip to India (crazy, right?!)and it took me awhile to get back into my routine.   I'm back and ready to share another awesome trip.  Mr. Click had a conference in Orlando and I tagged along. We added a few days to our trip for Disney before the conference.

It felt a little strange going to Disney without the kids but we decided to embrace being "Disney Adults" and head out on our own.   We are huge Disney fans and have spent lots of time in the parks but hadn't been there since 2017.
Of course I had to plan some outfits for the trip!  You may remember some of these shirts from this post.

We left on a rainy morning and before we knew it...
...we were sitting poolside having a late lunch!
We stayed at the Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista -Disney Springs Area (that's a mouthful!).   When we found out that it was considered a Disney property with all of the perks, we were thrilled. Our original room wasn't ready but they offered us this suite that was huge.
This balcony must have been over 30 feet long and had an amazing view of Disney Springs.  We spent our first afternoon at the pool and settling in.
We went to Downtown Disney err...Disney Springs for dinner ( I still call it Downtown Disney!).  The hotel had a pathway leading to a bridge that crossed right over to Disney Springs.  It went over the highway and was so easy to navigate.
We tried the new Summer House on The Lake restaurant. It was beautiful inside and out.
They also have a coffee and cookie bar for take out. Look at those cookies!
Dinner with a view.
We did some "shopping" and walked around.
We also enjoyed all of the Pride Month photo ops.  Yay Disney!  We love listening to entertainment around Disney Springs too.
We stayed for the new drone show called Disney Dreams That Soar.  People had been lining up over an hour before it started.   We didn't have the best spot but we could still see most of it.  It's quite impressive and hard to believe they are synchronized drones!
A look at the night sky from our balcony. Time for bed!

We were up bright and early to join the virtual queue for Tron (we had to educate ourselves about the new Disney ride options and rules like Genie+, Lightning Lanes and Virtual Queues before our trip).  We also wanted to get an early bus over to Magic Kingdom from the hotel for the Early Entry perk.
We made it!
We had a great morning at Magic Kingdom and got on many of our favorite rides in the first half hour during early entry.
We later went on some easier to get on rides like It's a Small World
and The People Mover (always a welcome break from the heat and crowds).
We grabbed lunch at Casey's Corner on Main Street. Believe it or not, we'd never eaten there in all of our trips.  I got a plant based hot dog.  It was disappointing but the fries were good.
Onto EPCOT.  We took the monorail over to EPCOT.



Of course I had to capture some pretty pictures.

We started in the World Showcase and tried to eat/drink our way around. First stop was France, where we shared some "champs" and some of a baguette.
We got a humungous pretzel in Germany but could not finish it.
We tried a beer in America. That was all we could eat/drink before we were completely full. #disneyfail
It wouldn't be a day in Disney without a rain storm to slow us down a bit.  We stayed in the park after the rain for a little while but we were tired and ready to go back to the hotel.
We had a relaxing dinner at the hotel and then it was time for bed! 



                                                   Please follow me!


Pin It

9 comments:

R's Rue said...

I want that pretzel.

Joanne said...

That sounds wonderful! I am a HUGE Disney fan too and we definitely plan to go without kids (again- we went once just the two of us for 2 or 3 days when our boys were little and my husband got sent to Orlando for work). I have plans to go back just the two of us and I'd love to stay at the Polynesian but cost wise I'll definitely have to keep your hotel in mind. That suite and balcony look wonderful. I do find staying on property for those extra perks worth it.

Ann said...

India...and Disney ! WOW! Looks like you had a great time. Our little local airport is starting flights to Orlando so this might give us some ideas. So glad you had such a great time.

Carla from The River said...

India!!!! Heather, that is so fun. I have heard that India is an amazing place to visit. I use to work with some people from India, they enjoyed spending Thanksgiving with us, it was a wonderful time to get to know them and the culture.

Disney!!! FUN FUN FUN!!!
Love, Carla

Carla from The River said...

India!!! Amazing... I have heard that India is an amazing place to visit. I use to work with several people from India. We had them over for Thanksgiving. It was so much fun for all of us.
Disney!!! FUN!!! FUN!!!
Love, Carla

Carla from The River said...

Hi Heather, I am having trouble leaving a comment. I will try again. Carla T here. I am so excited to hear all about India. I worked with several people from India. We had them all over for Thanksgiving, it was a fun time.
I have heard India is an amazing place to visit. :-)

Disney... how fun for you!!! I love that too. :-)
Carla

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

I enjoyed looking at some of the photos on Instagram of your India trip. How fun to go to Disney with your hubby. I haven't been there since my daughter was little!

Tamar SB said...

That suite is amazing!! Looks like a great time!!

csuhpat1 said...

So very cool. Love it. Looks like a wonderful time with a lot of good food and drink.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails