Tuesday, July 9, 2024

{Soup Series} Old Fashioned No-Chicken Noodle Soup

I had a craving for some old fashioned chicken noodle soup and created my own version.  It really hit the spot! 


Ingredients:
(4-6 servings)
1/2 onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
3 large carrots, chopped
4 stalks celery, diced
1/2 cup frozen corn
2 Don't Be A Chicken Breast Filets (or chicken sub)
1-2 cups raw spinach (optional)
6 cups no-chicken broth (or veggie broth)
8-12 ounces wide egg noodles
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1-2 bay leaves
1 tsp onion powder
salt & pepper

To make:
  • Heat large stock pot on medium and add water (or oil) to warm up.
  • Add diced onion and garlic, sauté until onion is translucent
  • Add carrots, celery and corn, stir to combine and cook for 5-10 minutes
  • Add "chicken" and sauté with other ingredients
  • Add broth and seasonings and bring to a boil
  • Add noodles and turn heat down to simmer. Place lid on pot
  • Cook 10 -15 minutes until noodles are cooked
  • Add spinach (if using) and return lid to pot to wilt the spinach
  • Check for seasonings and adjust if needed
  • Enjoy!


I hope you like this as much as we did!

                                                     Please follow me!
Pin It

10 comments:

Joanne said...

That looks delicious!

R's Rue said...

Yum

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

I love homemade soup any time of year and yours looks so good. Thanks for the recipe!

Carla from The River said...

Yum!!! I like soup all year. :-)

Ann said...

What a great idea...look delicious. I had an aunt who made great soup and WONDERFUL homemade noodles. I tried them a few years ago and they were wonderful. Hoping to try again with whole wheat flour. Love soup ALL year long!

csuhpat1 said...

That looks and sounds amazing. Yummy.

R's Rue said...

Have a beautiful Sunday.

R's Rue said...

Hope you’re well.

Tamar SB said...

Yum!!

Slabs said...

Soup glorious soup for the winter
Found your post at Slices of Life. My entries this week are numbered #35+36
Hope you will join/share M-Sat at https://esmesalon.com/tag/seniorsalonpitstop/

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails