Tuesday, May 25, 2021

{DIY} No-Sew Dollar Tree Canvas Bag Pillow

This project is super quick and easy and requires no sewing!

Do you remember this cute canvas bag from my Dollar Tree haul?

I loved it as a bag but I thought it would make an even cuter pillow.

I ironed it and tucked the handles inside in case I want to use it as a bag again. I folded down the top into the bag to make the size pillow that I wanted  and ironed a seam to keep it folded down. I plumped it up with some Poly-fil stuffing and used fusible web (iron on stitching) to close it up.  
I think it looks nice outside on the deck.
But I also love it on my "famous" blue chair.   What do you think?

Please follow me!
Instagram @heather_ourlife 
Twitter @ourlifeinaclick 

Pin It

14 comments:

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

You made such a cute looking pillow from the bag you bought at Dollar Tree. The pillow looks just perfect for inside or outside use Heather.

Tamar SB said...

Love it! Great message, too.

R's Rue said...

So cute.

Creations By Cindy said...

I love it! That is cute as a button. Simple and cheap enough for me too. You never know what you will find at Dollar Tree. Creative thinking there Heather Lou. Hugs and blessings, Cindy
P.S. Thanks for your kind words about our friend Pete.

Carla from The River said...

Fantastic idea! :-)

Bindu said...

That is one cute, quick and easy project! Good idea. Looks nice on your blue chair

Lydia C. Lee said...

Very cute & cheery!

Mica said...

Oh what a fun idea! I've never thought of turning a bag into a cushion before but it works so well here! I really like it on the blue chair :)

Hope you are having a nice week :)

Away From The Blue

Ann said...

Great idea !!!

Claire Justine said...

What a great idea. Love this, Heather :)

csuhpat1 said...

It looks so very perfect.

Veronica Lee said...

Love it! You did a swell job, Heather!

Laura | Everyday Edits said...

love this idea! I love that no sew fabric tape! Great job! Happy Memorial Weekend! xo laura

Hena Tayeb said...

Brilliant! And I love that blue chair of yours as well.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails