Monday, October 13, 2014

{Reveal} THE CHAIR!!

Happy Monday! How was your weekend? Ours was very busy with hosting two birthday parties for Miss High School and attending a fun, family hayride party (yay, for crossing things off of my
I'm really excited to share my chair reveal with you. Do you remember this guy?
I found him at Goodwill in May but didn't buy him at first. I went back a few days later to see if he was still there and he was. I took that as a sign that our love was meant to be.  The chair was $5 but as you can see it was in very bad shape. 
So bad, that I was afraid to bring him home first. We went straight to the upholstery shop.
 I had to pick out a new fabric right then and there.
 

I'm not good at making decisions, let alone snap decisions but I finally settled on a blue (Marathon) microfiber velvet that would work well in multiple rooms of my house. I planned to use the chair for photo shoots but it still had to look good with my decor.  So six weeks actually meant five months in my upholsterer's world but I think it was worth the wait......
Ta-da!
Look at this baby!!
I love it on every level!!  The fabric is so soft and I really love the color.  The details turned out better than I expected. The tufting is perfect and I love the double cording around the edges.  This was definitely a project that I didn't feel like I could DIY and it was worth it to use a professional.
I can't wait to take some photos of it with actual people in it!
Just for memory's sake..here's a before and after to blow you away.
What do you think? Are you in love too?
Back off, he's all mine! :)

Do you follow?
Pin It

22 comments:

Jules said...

He looks gorgeous and that beautiful blue is to die for!!!

Tamar SB said...

Get out of town!! Amazing!!

Kathy McB said...

Oh this is going to be a FUN photo prop for you to use! Can't wait to see some of the results!

Dee said...

Okay, that chair looks amazing and I love the color... :)

Becky said...

So that turned out awesome! Love it!!

Monica said...

WHAT?! Is that really the same chair??? I LOVE it!

Dawn Gross said...

Wow! Love the shape of the seat!

Karen said...

Gorgeous! That color will look great in photos.

Winnie said...

I can hardly believe it's same chair.
You did a fantastic job!!
Great color btw

Michelle Mortensen said...

One of the MOST spectacular makeovers, ever! I love the pretty, pretty blue! I would like to invite you to visit my blog at simplysantabarbara.blogspot.com

Ida said...

Awesome make over. Great bargain on the chair. Loved the fabric choice/color.

Kyla Herbes said...

OMG! This looks fantastic! I mean seriously! GORGEOUS! LOVE! CRUSHING HARD on it! The fabirc is a perfect fit! Kyla @ http://houseofhipsters.com/

Betty said...

What a difference!

Jim said...

I'm liking your velvet covered chair. Nice "V" word also.

First I read about Mr. Click. Good for him, you can act like a groupie even if you aren't one.

My son plays the drums in their band. They get some gigs now. He is old to, about to retire (early--not his doing). His wife doesn't go with them very often.
..

{Hi Sugarplum!} said...

STUNNING!!!!!

Emily, Our house now a home said...

This turned out amazing! I have two chairs in my garage very similar to this one. My goal is to reupholster them. I am antsy to do it, but nervous to try. I love the blue color you chose!

Curtains in My Tree said...

GORGEOUS

Clairejustine oxox said...

Oh wow... Amazing :):)

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

This is beautiful, love the color!

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Oh, it's just gorgeous! Thanks for sharing. You are one of the features today at the Anything Blue Friday party at The Dedicated House. Here is the link to this week's party. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2014/10/anything-blue-friday-week-74.html I hope to see you again at the little blue soiree. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Wow, that is just stunning!!

Jessica@CapeofDreams said...

It is hard to believe it is the same chair. Thank goodness for upholsterers! Glad I found you over at Savvy Southern Style.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails