Wednesday, January 6, 2021

{DIY} Yoga Mat Cleaner

This was a quick and easy gift idea that I made for my daughters and my BFF (and one for me!).
My yoga studio used to make their own mat cleaner and I was able to find a lot recipes online to create my own.
The basic ingredients are: Distilled water, alcohol free witch hazel(I used Thayers brand), tea tree oil and other anti bacterial essential oils of your choice. I used  a lavender and peppermint blend.   You could also use lemongrass and/or eucalyptus.
I found these cute glass spray bottles that were 4 ounces and mixed each batch up in a measuring cup.
To make: I used 3 ounces of distilled water, 1 ounce of witch hazel,  20 drops of tea tree oil and 10 drops each of the lavender and peppermint essential oils. I used a funnel to fill up the bottles.
I had plenty to make 4 bottles worth and lots of leftover for refills.
I labeled the bottles and added some bakers twine 
I love having (and gifting) an all natural yoga mat cleaner.
To use the yoga mat cleaner: Shake bottle then spray  a light coat over the yoga mat and wipe with a clean cloth.   


Please follow me!
Instagram @heather_ourlife 
Twitter @ourlifeinaclick 

 

Pin It

6 comments:

Claire Justine said...

These look like a great idea Heather :) Happy New Year. Sorry I've not stopped by in a while. Be so busy at work and at home. Quiet again now we are in another lockdown so have time to catch up :)

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

Thanks for sharing how to make yoga mat cleaner Heather. We just bought some cleaner from Amazon. It's nice to know how easy the cleaner is to make.

Melissa Cuentas said...

This sounds like an amazing DIY! I'll save this for later, if I ever happen to make it as well! :)

XO, Melissa

Tamar SB said...

What a cool DIY!

Carla from The River said...

That is a great idea. I have been keeping up with my yoga at home. I have a pink yoga mat. :-)

Laura | Everyday Edits said...

Love this! Where do I find tea tree oil? Where do you buy your essential oils?

Great gift idea too! laura

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails