Wednesday, March 4, 2020

{Travel} NYC Birthday Weekend

We headed to NYC to visit City Girl  for her birthday.
We  stayed at the super chic Conrad Hotel Midtown.
The room  had so many cool design features.


It felt like our own swanky little city apartment.
This was an over the top mini bar area.
We  even had a foyer (in our room!)!
The bathroom was swoon-worthy.



The views from our room were pretty spectacular too.
We checked out the on site restaurant for a little snack and vino.
This was my $12 salad. #tiny
Getting ready for our night out. I'm wearing the top from this post.   We met  up with City Girl and her very hip office and she gave us a tour which was really fun.  We had a nice Italian dinner at Cielo at The Mayfair before heading to the show.
We got to see Dear Evan Hansen.
I've missed seeing Broadway shows!  

This one was so good! 

This sculpture was in the lobby of our hotel.
We met up at the hotel the next morning and walked to brunch at Westville in Hells Kitchen,
This veggie burger was DELISH!
It was very cold in NYC that weekend so an indoor activity was definitely on the agenda.  
We went to the Guggenheim Museum (our first time!). They were working on a new exhibit so part of the museum was closed but we still managed to see a lot of amazing art!
I found this shot on my camera roll and I love it!
I'm so glad we got to visit!
After the museum (and lots of walking) we stopped for coffee and a much needed break. I could sit by the window and "people watch" all day!
We visited Strand Bookstore (always a favorite stop).
We went back to the hotel to get our bags and made a stop at a bar for some snacks and drinks before we had to head home. Then it was time to walk to the train station and go home. It  was such a great weekend in NYC!


Please follow me!
Instagram @heather_ourlife 
Twitter @ourlifeinaclick 
Pin It

15 comments:

Andrea Nine said...

Pure fun in celebrating your girl but man that salad was tiny, lol!

Laura | Everyday Edits said...

Love the hotel! Okay I have to check that one out! Where is Hell's Kitchen and that bookstore? ALways looking for new sites! My youngest and I saw Book of Mormon and loved it!

PS Bucks County just has beautiful countrysides and it's fairly close to NYC, right? xo laura

PS loved the Realtor headshots the other day!

KimMalk said...

Aww, so fun! I'm kind of living vicariously through your post. One of my girls lived in NYC for awhile and it was amazing to visit--I love that city! We would do long girls' weekends. I'm so glad you got to enjoy your time with your daughter! (I'm going to check out your top, too. Normally, I'm not a "ruffles on the shoulders" person, but this one really works.)

Creations By Cindy said...

WOW! Loving the pictures and what fun. But oh girl...yes that salad was tiny. WOW! One bite would take care of that. LOL! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

the 4 M's said...

It has been so long since I have been to New York. Looks like you had a wonderful time!
www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

Carla from The River said...

Thank you Heather, it was fun to tag along with you. :-) I always enjoy your travel posts.

ALLIE NYC said...

Oh wow what a great way to spend a Birthday! A weekend in the city, great hotel, a great play and a visit to the Guggenheim very nice!!

Allie of
www.allienyc.com

Makeup Muddle said...

Oh wow what a fun sounding weekend! I would love to go to NYC, it's on the top of my travel bucket list xo

Makeup Muddle

Trish said...

NYC, Broadway show, Museum, Hells Kitchen You just manage to have the most fun. No I'm NOT envy-us!

Tamar SB said...

What a fun weekend!! That hotel is amazing!

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

It looks like you all had a fun weekend in NYC. I like the hotel room you stayed in and it's always fun to see a broadway show. I have yet to visit the Strand book store! I keep forgetting about it and I'm in Union Square area once a month!

Terra Heck said...

Glad you had a good time. I like to "people watch" too. That's kinda expensive for a salad! I like that sculpture that's in the lobby; It's definitely eye-catching.

Meditations in Motion said...

What a fun weekend! That veggie burger looks amazing and your hotel room was so pretty. I think I need to plan a NYC weekend getaway!

csuhpat1 said...

Looks like a wonderful place to stay, so very nice.

Makeup Muddle said...

It sounds like you had a lovely time together, and what an amazing apartment. I would so love to visit NYC, it's at the very top of my travel bucketlist! xo

Makeup Muddle

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails