Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Day At The Tree Farm

 We always get our Christmas Tree on Black Friday (unless we're here).
 We go to the same tree farm every year. This year it was so warm and mild that day, we were in sweaters and light jackets.
 I think the natural evergreen background is perfect for photos.


 We picked out our perfect tree quickly and sent my husband to bring back the tree cutter.  My younger daughter had the camera and started shooting.





 She got some really cool shots!
 After the tree was cut, my husband helped carry it down to be shaken and netted.
 The farm has a few old buildings on the property and this old wall grabbed my attention.
 I loved how the light was hitting this field of weeds and the contrast of the barn behind it.
 My kids were willing models that day. It was great!!
Our able-bodied tree guy attaching the tree to the car for the drive home.
We made our usual stop at Starbucks and listened to Christmas tunes the whole way home.

one year ago...Our Disney Tree

Linking up with:
Word(ish)less Wednesday
Seven Thirty Three
Favorite Photo Friday
Outdoor Wednesday
Pin It

7 comments:

Morgan said...

How fun! Your pictures are beautiful and you guys look like you had such a good time. =)

Mallory said...

I miss having a real tree, maybe again one day. The pictures of your girls are beautiful.

Mel said...

Your girls are adorable. I was just thinking about how much they have changed since I first visited your blog.

Danelle said...

What a fun tradition! And you got so many great pictures!

Summer-Raye said...

What a pretty family.

✿ⒹⒺⒺ✿@ A Lapin Life said...

Great pictures and wonderful family time.

Dee

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

What a stylish group of lumberjacks. Getting a natural tree is more of an adventure than dragging the artificial down from the attic.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails