Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Holiday Open House - Disney Tree

Here's our Disney themed tree. We've always brought back ornaments from our trips to Disney World and when we remodeled our basement I knew I wanted to have a tree down there to hold them all.  Once we decided to have a Disney tree we made it our mission to collect more ornaments on our trips. We started in EPCOT and tried to find an ornament in every country around World Showcase.  Here are some of them.

This sleeping gnome from Norway.

This Nordic heart is also from Norway.
Flannel clad Mickey from Canada.

An Eiffel Tower key chain from France

A thong slipper from Japan.

And this little beauty.
Our animal birth years from China (this one is Year of the Dog).

A pillow ornament from the UK.

This sweet angel from Germany.

This one is a bugger to photograph but it's a beautiful Murano glass Nativity from Italy.

A parrot from Mexico

 A little girl from Mexico.
To represent The Seas in Future World we got a set of Finding Nemo ornaments.




 We were smitten by these Disney cuties.


These "vintage" ornaments were from my husband's childhood tree.  Aren't they sweet?
Of course we had to get one from our trip to Disneyland last year.

And from our favorite WDW Resorts,

This Santa has a Mickey in his bag.
The Sorcerer's hat from Hollywood Studios.
Cool glittery Mickey.
A set of plastic (easy to carry home on the plane) ornaments helped us fill in the tree.

This was from our trip last month.  The flannel pattern was all over WDW in clothes, slippers, purses, etc.
And I snagged this animal print key chain from Animal Kingdom.
We even found a Disney tree topper! The only bummer is that it's battery operated and you need a screwdriver to open the battery compartment so it's not lit up too often.
Read more about our Disney adventures here.

Linking up with:
holiday open house button
Pin It

13 comments:

Jen said...

The tree is beautiful! Love the tree topper!

Life in Rehab said...

I LOVE the all Disney tree! The EPCOT ornaments are my favorites.

Marissa said...

that tree makes me wanna go plan a trip to Disney NOW :) So fun and memorarble!!

Julie Harward said...

That is the cheeriest tree ever, I just love it. How special to have something that means a lot to your family! Come say hi ;D

Becca said...

What a precious, precious tree! My son would love this! The topper is perfect, too. And, thank you for your sweet note about my Christmas bedroom! Becca

Katherine ( Katie) Corrigan said...

Beautiful! I enjoyed my visit to your blog. Wishing you happiness, Katherine
P.S. I'm having a giveaway please stop by and enter :-)

Grandma Bonnie said...

I am a new follower from the Follow Me Chickadee Tuesday Blog Hop.
Hope you follow back.
http://grandmabonniescloset.blogspot.com/

berg4 said...

What a great idea, and such a fun way to show off your memories. Thanks for sharing!

Rachelle said...

So cute! :) I need a Disney tree!

xo

Allison said...

What a great tree to remember all of your trips to Disney! And that topper is adorable!

Thanks for linking this tree up for as well. :)

Vivian said...

Love all the mickey ornaments

Newest follow on GFC, check us out at http://www.closertolucy.blogspot.com/

Chelsea said...

Aww, I love your Disney tree! Reminds me of home, haha! :)

~Chelsea

Shauna {SK Studios} said...

such a great idea!!! I love how you even thought outside the box & used a key chain as an ornament- brilliant! and LOVE that tree topper!! can't go wrong with Disney ;)

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails