Friday, May 13, 2011

Spray painting again!

One of the many joys of Spring, I can get back outside again and spray stuff with paint!

The most recent victim was this little birdcage.  It used to look like this and I found it on this thrifting adventure at Goodwill back in November.
It stayed in that "as-is" condition in the garage until I brought it in to decorate the mantel for St Patrick's Day when it looked like this.
There was just enough green on it to go along with the other greenery.
It stayed up there when I decorated for Easter.
As seen here.
The 80's style green and pink decoration kind of worked with the pastels of my other decorations.
Once the Easter decorations came down, the mantel was looking like this.
I'm still digging the creamy whites and neutrals.
But something was sticking out like a sore thumb. 
{say that 10 times fast}
Oh and I forgot to mention the price. 
Sweet!
So since the weather was finally warm enough, I went to work on the birdcage with some of my favorite Heirloom White spray paint.
Now the mantel is looking like this.
I've added in a few fresh cut flowers from outside for a pop of color.

I think it looks much better now.


Bye Bye 80's green and pink.
Hello Cool and Creamy!
What have you been spray painting lately?
Linking up with:



Pin It

12 comments:

Mellodee said...

I've gone back and looked at the photos three times now. You have two different birdhouses there. OK, I got it...2 birdhouses! One got new paint and one didn't, right? I kept trying to figure out how just a bit of paint could change the roof!! I get confused easily! :)

ourlifeinaclick.blogspot.com said...

@Mellodee..it's just one bird cage. I guess paint really does make a difference!

Emily said...

Thanks for linking up with Super Stalker Sunday hop again!

Best,
Emily from Nap Time Is My Time

The Scott's Crib said...

Hi Heather,

I found you via Marni's Organized Mess blog hop party. I love what I see so far and I cant wait to get into the rest of your blog!

Cheryl said...

Cute birdcage! I love all your creamy whites! They look great against the red brick. :) I'm your newest "follower".
~cheryl

Kim said...

Oh how I love me some spray paint! Your mantle looks fab and I love that sweet birdcage.
I'm here from SSS and I'm your newest follower. Pop over for a visit if you'd like and be sure to enter my giveaway.
xoxo,
Kim

Mariah said...

I love these photos! What great inspiration!

I'm stopping by from this week's Super Stalker Sunday hop! Thanks for participating! I hope you'll join us again next week!
Mariah, FormulaMom

Monika said...

Just browsing some of the blog hop blogs and I wanted to say hi! I will follow you as well. We also have a Facebook fan page at http://www.facebook.com/aiasdotca that you should check out! We always like and follow back, just leave us a note <3

Monika @ Aias Dot Ca (http://www.aias.ca)

Jessi said...

Hi, I'm your newest follower from the SSS. You have a great blog, I love all of the pictures!

I hope you had a great weekend. :)

kingstongirl said...

Making Friends Monday sent me here! Please feel free to follow me back! :)

Buckeroomama said...

I like how the bird cage looks now --all white and pretty! :)

Life in Rehab said...

Ahhhhhh, the miracle of a can of white paint!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails