Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Getting my Easter on..

I've updated the mantel with some Easter decor.
A close up of the egg garland. It's from Valerie Parr Hill.
These egg topiaries came from Joanne's.

Not sure where I found that paper mache bunny but I've had it a long time. The nests with the pink eggs are from Marshall's (last year).
I also found the moss bunnies at Joanne's last year and the bunny tin is from this thrifting expedition.
The bird cage is from another thrift store and it's pastels work well with the eggs (I'm still thinking of spray painting when the weather gets warmer).

I also found this subway art here.  It adds some bright springy cheer to the room.

The chicks dig it.
I just added in some of our collection of decorated eggs that we've made over the years.
My Peeps wreath that I made last year survived! I packed it up in a big Ziploc bag in with the other decorations. I left some air in the bag to cushion and it seemed to work just fine.
My Easter village...most of the houses were purchased at Joanne's a few years ago after Easter when they were 90% off!
I found the two vegetable tea pot shaped houses (asparagus and corn) at an antique store years ago. I'd love to find more.

My latest addition to the village was this rustic egg shaped abode.



I popped this huge egg into a thrifted green basket next to some wheat grass on the end table.

I found these eggs at the thrift store.

And I've added a few bunny touches to the dining room as well.

Do you decorate for Easter?
Linking up with:


Pin It

11 comments:

Shelia said...

Hi Heather! Oh, your house is so ready for spring and Easter! I love your mantle and that Easter egg tree.
Thank you so much for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Heather said...

I do so love your mantel. I think I need to clean off the top of our entertainment center and start treating IT like a mantel...will have to start keeping my eyes out for decorations. You have such a great collection!

Life in Rehab said...

Wow, I haven't even begun to decorate for Easter, and look at all that you've done! LOVE the houses! I think this post was the nudge I needed.

Chelsea said...

I love your Easter decorations! I really like all the rustic/earthy tones you have on your mantel, too! I usually don't decorate for Easter, although I'm sure that will change once we having some kiddos running around, lol! :)

~Chelsea

Kathy said...

I love it all!!!

Sarah said...

Gorgeous! You are all set for Easter/Spring. Thanks for linking up.

MeMeSue said...

So So Purdy!!

Jodie said...

Loving all the Easter decor, I especially like the garland!

Warm Wishes,
Jodie

mrs.shopper said...

I think your house is the most decor I have seen. from the hop. new gfc friend. I am at http://www.simplyshopandsave.ca

MommyKuehner said...

Love the peeps wreath!!! SOOOO Cute!!! Just stopping over from the Blog Hop. Come visit us sometime. Have a great weekend!
www.krazykuehnerdays.com
Renita

Sommer said...

Oh I'm so enjoying seeing all the easter decore this year. I am not decorating this year since we just moved in 7 weeks ago and after unpacking everything else I couldn't find it in me to unpack the easter stuff too. I would be thrilled to have you share this at my VIP party this weekend =) http://designergarden.blogspot.com/2011/04/vip-party-10.html

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails