Wednesday, May 18, 2011

{What's for Dinner} Shrimp on a Stick

This is my favorite grilled shrimp recipe. It just screams summer to me!
It's from Family Fun magazine. You can see it here.
Start with a pound of peeled, deveined and rinsed raw shrimp.

 
Toss with of olive oil (I used 1/8 cup)

and two cloves of garlic, crushed.


Stir in 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs (I used 2 TBS).

Thread the shrimp onto skewers.

Get the grill ready..

Grill the shrimp skewers over medium heat for about 2 minutes each side or until they are opaque (I was making salmon too).

These cook so quickly!

So tasty!
When they are done you can add salt, pepper and a squeeze of fresh lemon if you like.
Sometimes summer comes early!
Linking up with:



Pin It

13 comments:

b. lee said...

soooooooo tasy-licious * * shrimp!!!

lvankuiken said...

YUM!

BigBearswife said...

we love grilled shrimp! I see you have a garlic press! Aren't those awesome! I love mine!

Tanya @ Greetings From the Asylum said...

Summer in AZ is grilling weather! I can't wait to try this out! Thanks for sharing! I'm visiting from Lil' Luna.

Life in Rehab said...

Yep, this link got IMed straight to the chef! He loved to grill skewered shrimp, and this looks like a tasty version.

Home Made Quilts By Granny said...

Tasty looking! Trish

Toni said...

This looks SO YUM!!!

I need a grill!!!

Betty said...

Sounds delicious!

Our Village is a Little Different said...

I'm looking forward to outdoor eating weather. this looks so easy and delicious! Thanks for sharing!

JDaniel4's Mom said...

This makes me want to take out our grill.

Jenny said...

What a quick an excellent summer meal! A salad and some fresh tomatoes and you have dinner perfection!

Thanks for a delicious wrap up for Alphabe-Thursday's Letter "E".

A+

H said...

I never think of cooking fish on a bar-be-cue - which is pretty stupid really because fish cooks so quickly in comparison to meat and really benefits from the smoky flavour. I must try these! Thanks :)

Anonymous said...

dkncclb [url=http://4ft.me/9o]link[/url] , nalggbr

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails