Thursday, August 12, 2010

What's for Dinner? Turkey "Porcupine" Meatballs

No, we're not feasting on prickly porcupines. The porcupine in this recipe is made from rice.  It's a great way to stretch your ground meat (turkey in this case). 

I didn't really use a recipe, just kind of did it from memory.
Mix 1 pound of  raw ground turkey with 1/2 cup of uncooked brown rice, 1/2 cup water, a few TBS of chopped onion and seasonings (salt, pepper,season salt, onion and garlic powder).
Form into meatballs and place in 9 x 13 Pyrex baking dish.
Mix 1 can of tomato sauce (1 can of tomato soup is even better) with 2 TBS of Worcestershire sauce and a 1/4-1 /2 cup of water. Pour over meatballs, cover pan with foil and bake at 350 F for 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 15-20 minutes.
I added garlic infused olive oil roasted veggies as our side.
Blogger Templates


Smart and Trendy Moms



Pin It

12 comments:

beingzaraandzidan said...

wow! That looks yum. Though i am veggie. Ur good!

Homemade Quilts by Granny said...

That sure does sound like a good meal....thanks for sharing. Trish

Addison Mae said...

Visiting from Made by Mae!! Love your blog!! super cute!! Come visit me at my blog here is a link!
http://dessertsmadebymae.blogspot.com
Hope to hear from you!! Mae

Popcorn Served Daily said...

Hi,

I'm on a blog hop. I've added my name to your follower list!

Happy Friday!

Lisa

Inspiring You To Save! said...

Visiting you from the blog hop. Looking forward to viewing your posts. Stop by sometime and check me out.

http://www.inspiringyou2save.com

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Looks delicious....so glad that I stopped by

star84vu said...

I am following you from Social Parade friday!

Please come by and visit my blog
http://star84vu.blogspot.com

P.S. I am going to have to try some of that homemade salsa you have on your sidebar...Yum!

Turning the Clock Back said...

I have made porcupines...the kids love them! Following you through the Social Parade! Hope you have a great weekend. Come check out my blog if you get a chance. Lots of ecofriendly giveaways and coupons/freebies you might find useful!

Diane
www.turning-the-clock-back.blogspot.com

Leigh said...

That does look yummy!

I'm another new follower coming in from the Social Parade.

http://inside-my-head.com/index.php/blog-memes/2449/a-need-to-know-and-friday-hops

BBNadia said...

Hi, nice blog,great post.

Peggy said...

Delicious!
I am a new follower!! Stopping in from Follow Friday!You can find me at http://www.pegsplay.com

Eve said...

Mmmm, this meal looks delicious! I should try this myself, I love the veg that you had with it, and your plate is darn pretty too! :D

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails