Monday, August 30, 2010

Awesome Thrifty Finds

Another quick Goodwill run while the girls were in art class....I did pretty well.

This acorn shaped nut bowl set was my favorite.  I'm obsessed with acorns!
It was only $2.97 and originally it had been $28.99!
I love decorating for fall and my kitchen is painted in a pumpkin color so I can use it in there year round.

See original price!!
But that wasn't all! There was an additional oak leaf bowl in the gift box as well that was a separate purchase at $12.99! 


Cute little squirrels are sitting in the bowls and the nutcracker was included.  Swoon!
This will never leave my grubby hands would have made a sweet housewarming or hostess gift. I can't wait to put it out in a month or two.  The leaf bowl can be for the shells, right?
I also found some ceramic fruit, not the paper mache kind. This stuff is heavy.

And this sparkly dish/could be cloche.  I'll try not to break this one.
The house shaped WELCOME blocks are in the basement as is the handsome wooden pig.  The large basket also found a new home out here.  The Rubbermaid storage container went off to camp with my daughter full of Puppy Chow for People (recipe coming soon).
Blogger Templates


HOG

 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/
Photobucket





Pin It

21 comments:

Marissa said...

I must find you and go shopping with YOU so I can find some super cute stuff at a low price!!! What a bargain :)

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

Love the acorn dish. That little squirrel is too cute! I can't believe the price! What a find!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Cute acorn bowls, Heather. Love those and what a deal.

Country Mouse said...

What great finds!!! Love that cloche and acorn dish!!!!

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

You did find some wonderful things. Love them all. The nut dishes are just fabulous and love the basket. Your glass dish will make a perfect cloche. Can't wait to see it all dressed. Hugs, Marty

Brandy said...

I would love if you would stop by for a visit. I also host Admirer Monday at

Life in Rehab said...

I KNEW I'd seen that basket before! Very nice haul, and that little cloche doesn't look quite as fragile.

Jeanette said...

wow those are fantastic finds! We have sllim pickin's around her when it comes to thrifting.

Julie Harward said...

You did get some darling things..love them all! I am so excited for Fall now! Loved your deck below post too..so pretty! :D

beingzaraandzidan said...

wow amazing stuff! neat

Sailing Simply said...

Wow! Great thrifty fall finds! Don't you just love finding a deal in season!

Heather@myeverydaygraces said...

You find the best stuff! I think I need to get out more:)

Sandra said...

Great finds...I love the acorn dishes too...I love to buy a big bag of mixed shell nuts to crack and eat...that would be wonderful to have.

Shelley said...

Love, love, love thrifty finds. I am all about them. Hello, I am your newest follower. I love taking pictures, too. I am a sunrise girl and love taking pics of sunrises by my home with the lake in the background. I hope you can stop by and see some of them at http://mylifeadventurebyme.blogspot.com/2010/08/it-is-tuesday-and-it-is-time-for.html.
God Bless,
Shelley

Christy said...

Thanks for joining us today on the Tuesday Train. And thanks for grabbing the new button! Have a great week.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Very cute little nut dishes!! You scored on them. I love the glass dome dish, it looks like a butter dish to me.

Bernadette Merikle said...

Those welcome house blocks so make my day. I might need to hack those somehow. What an awesome find!

Bernadette
www.b3homedesigns.blogspot.com

Homemade Quilts by Granny said...

Loveing the acorn dish and little cloche. Trish

Marianne@Songbird said...

Great finds! But why wait a few months to put them out. Fall is here already so start enjoying them!
They are cute....

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Fun things! I;m lovin' your little cloche dish-enjoy!

Debbie said...

Heather I want those little squirrel plates...so cute!~ You done good girl! Great photos too. Enjoy the holiday!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails