Monday, August 9, 2010

Christmas Tree Shopping

No, I'm not getting a jump on Christmas. Just wanted to fill you in on what I actually purchased on my way too brief little shopping trip during a weekend getaway.
I've always wanted to try these fancy watering globes for plants that I've seen in catalogs for way too much moola.  I'm thinking they were .79c/each! Shut the front door!
Looks like a cute little teacup and saucer right? Yes and no..it's actually a little planter with holes in the bottom of the cup for drainage. Sweet!

I also got this fun grow your own pumpkin kit so I planted the extra seeds in the teacup planter. They grew so quickly that I had to move them outside a few days ago.  Hopefully they'll fare better than the rest of my garden .
Shells, oh my goodness shells and starfish! The shells are way prettier than what I found in the dollar store. The whole bag of starfish was only $1.99! I spent more than that for one of them at Michael's.
I have them displayed in my Southern Living bubble bowl with one of the starfish on top.

They're very tempting for my little niece...look at those sweet little arms! 
Oh and this was hard, I just loved all of the ceramic orbs(at $1/each). I picked a mix of greens and blacks.
This adorable shell birdhouse just begged to be brought home!
Another one of the starfish is hanging out in my blue Ikea vase from this party.

The whole sheh-bang was under $20 and so much fun!!
So long for now Christmas Tree Shops, please come to my area soon!!
Blogger Templates
Linking up with:
Pin It

19 comments:

cfoxes33 said...

Cute finds!

Pieces of Dreams said...

Hi Heather!

As a matter of fact, I am on my way to one of our Christmas Tree Shops today. "Don't you just love a bargain?" We have several of them around here on Cape Cod and there's always a new discovery in each. Amongst some of the staples I get from there to make things with, I am looking forward to seeing the fall stuff! Karen

ChRiS said...

i love shopping there they have some awesome buys and always have neat holiday items.

Marissa said...

never heard of that place...but I want that pumpkin grow kit for our house NOW! So cute and FUN...let us know how it turns out, meanwhile I'll be searching for one around Texas!

Jo said...

I love Christmas Tree Shop! Visiting from meet up Mon

Kapaldo Family said...

Found you on Meetup Monday.
We've got a Christmas Tree shop nearby. You can really get some great buys there!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Heather,
You sure did get a boatload of treasures for only $20...love the shells and starfish! I have never been to one of these stores...I'm going to look them up and see where the nearest one is...wish me luck!

Blessings,
Linda

Debbie said...

Great finds. I particularly like those globes and what a steal!

LESAPEA MUSINGS said...

I love all your stuff. But seeing the Christmas tree Shop has me focused somewhat on Christmas. I can't lose it just yet as I'm a huge Christmas freak. LOL.

Lisa xx

The K Family said...

LOVE those ceramic orbs. They are beautiful! Found you on Just Another Manic Momday. Look forward to reading your blog. Following you now. :)

M

Lindalou said...

Although we have a Christmas Tree Shop in the area, I've actually never been in it. I may have to. Great finds.

Rachel said...

I'm following you from Tuesday Train, come follow me too!

http://frugalformyfriends.blogspot.com

Brambleberry Cottage said...

Thanks for stopping by the cottage, Heather. Sorry it took so long to return the visit. My Yankee hubby and I are still touring New England, and I don't have much access to a computer.

You scored some great finds on your shopping spree. Don't you just love good deals?! By the way, your niece is precious!

I read your cloche post, too. Sooo funny! I've been through the haunted house at Disney many times, so the reference really made me laugh.

Have a blessed week!
Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

Eve said...

Hiya Heather, You really made out good with just under $20! I like your style :D

Those ceramic orbs really do it for me. How pretty are they!

And speaking of pretty, your little niece is like a dollbaby :D

Lynda said...

Like you, I love great finds. I am a follower, how could I not. Come visit me at My Heart's Desire.

Kathleen said...

LOL! I was there this week too, and did a post on there and a huge Thrift Shop I went to!
Great bargains!

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

We don't have Christmas Tree Shops, but I keep hearing about all the wonderful things everyone finds there. Your loot is all fabulous. I can't pic a favorite, I think I would have bought all the same things. Wonderfu. Thanks so much for linking to TTT. Hugs, Marty

Christie said...

You found such pretty things! I have started my Christmas shopping! I am lovin' the shells! I hopped over from Tabletop Tuesday! Come see my shells...we found so many lovely ones this trip and used them as our centerpiece! http://threepixielane.blogspot.com/2010/08/island-dining.html

Enjoying your site...I am a new follower!

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Fun finds! We need a CTS closer to home, it's such a fun place to go to!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails