I tried this recipe two ways and tweaked it a bit to my liking. They are an easy no-bake treat with a protein kick.
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter, melted
1/4 cup honey (I used maple syrup)
1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (I use Orgain)
1 1/2 cups crispy rice cereal
1/3 cup mini chocolate chips (optional)
1 cup chocolate chips
1 tsp coconut oil
flakey salt
- Stir together peanut butter and maple syrup until smooth
- Add protein powder, crispy cereal, chocolate chips & pinch of salt
- Stir together and form into balls
- Dip the balls in melted chocolate, sprinkle with flakey salt and chill for 30 minutes to set.
I had issues with the balls holding together--maybe because I used maple syrup instead of honey. Dipping things in chocolate is always a hassle for me so the next time I made them, I tried the bar method. Much easier and I used less chocolate for the top!
Melted 1/2 cup of chocolate chips (instead of 1 cup) and spread mixture melted chocolate onto the peanut butter layer.
A quick sprinkle of flakey salt and into the fridge to set.
They easily cut into bars or bite sized pieces. They keep well in an air tight container in the fridge.Linking up:
Pin It

11 comments:
Yum. Looks delicious.
They look delicious!
These look delicious! Love the protein powder add. Visiting from Talking About it Tuesday.
Oh, yum. I am a big fan of crunchy chewy snacks!
YUM!!! Thank you for sharing. :-) High Fives to flakey sea sat.
What a great snack and they looks so good. Thanks for the recipe.
@Joanne Thank you, they are good!
Yes!
@Jennifer...I'm always trying to find ways to add protein powder to things!
These look soooooo good! Thanks so much for sharing! Yum!
@Nancy They are really good and so easy! Thank you for stopping over!
Post a Comment