Wednesday, February 11, 2026

How I'm Surviving This Winter

 It's been a tough winter but I'm trying to make the best of it. Here are some ways that  I'm coping with the extreme negative temperatures and large amounts of ice and snow.
1)Taking a trip to a warm climate.  We don't normally do this but I highly recommend it.
2) Wearing Uniqlo Heat Tech legging and tops under my regular clothes.  Having that added layer of warmth protection really helps when going outside. I just ordered a few more pieces.
I wear them under my clothes for extra warmth!  
I have some turtlenecks that I wear on their own too.
3)Taking nighttime, candlelit showers. My schedule has flipped and I'm taking more nighttime showers. Dimming the lights and lighting a candle makes it feel special.  Romanticize your life, right?!
I'm back to using LUSH Sleepy Shower Gel, it's got a light, lavender scent that has a calming effect and just smells so nice!
4) Extra Skin Care. I feel like I take better care of my skin because I have more time.  I love these Grace & Stella Under Eye Masks and have been using them every morning when I have my coffee.
5) Making soups. I make soups all year long but I tend to make more in the winter. I made two last week....my favorite Slow Cooker Taco Soup and...
I also adapted this soup and made a lighter, vegetarian version that turned out great.


6)Taking indoor walks. I haven't been able to walk outside because it's been too icy so I've been doing some indoor walking workouts. Leslie Sansone is my favorite walking guru.  She always puts me in a good mood. If I can't take all that cheery-ness, I mute her and listen to a podcast.
7) Making New Recipes.  I'm trying new recipes to mix things up and get out of our dinner time rut.  This recipe was really good and easy (I used Costco chicken meatballs).   I have a few others pinned that I want to try as well.


8) More candles! I love having flameless candles on timers and just added these cute Valentine tapers to my collection. They are so realistic, they fooled my hubby!

What are you doing to cope with this winter?

Linking up:
Pin It

9 comments:

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

I agree with you Heather that going away to someplace warm in the winter is great. I wear a similar top from Costco under my sweatshirts that keep me warm. I just ordered thermal leggings from Amazon to keep me warm. I love wearing turtlenecks and sweaters. The lush shower gel sounds nice. I am making soups at least once a week and your soups look great. I would like to try out the Ditalini soup. Enjoy the rest of the week and stay warm.

Carla from The River said...

Ha ... if you cannot listen to all her cheery-ness you mute her...Ha, I am still laughing.
Soup
Candles
Turtlenecks
and thermals.
Check mark!

Joanne said...

I sometimes do that with Leslie too! I have been getting a lot more use out of some thermals I have; I swear I have worn them more this winter than I ever have but I only have one set and have been looking into get more. I hadn't heard of the brand you mentioned but they look really nice- I like that they could also be worn as stand alone garments.

Gina said...

We barely get winter here and yet I am OVER it. I have been raking my yards, dreaming of spring. Escaping to Hawaii sounds like a very good plan.

R's Rue said...

Love Uniqlo. And you too.

Ann said...

Oooh...so many good ideas. I love Leslie Sansone - a good but easy workout! Same here - lots of soups. Made lentil yesterday but now you have me hungry for that Chicken Taco Soup. Stay warm and have a wonderful Valentine's Day !

Maria Rineer said...

I listen to podcasts when I run on the treadmill- I like to be informed and do something good for my body. Plus running warms me up so nicely! I wear a lot of layers. I´ve not heard of the brand you mentioned. Those Valentine candles are so pretty and I love that they´re flameless.

Laura | Everyday Edits said...

hi heather! we have no snow! love your flameless candles and your work/trip looks amazing!
love your costco finds. i have not tried the chicken meatballs!

Laura | Everyday Edits said...

how do i not know leslie?

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails