Travel Day
We were picked up at 3:30am for our drive to the airport so it was lovely to get ushered to the Delta One lounge upon our arrival. We went through our own security line and were the only people in it. It was our first time flying Delta One.
The lounge felt so fancy!
[Watching the snow fall outside the huge windows and enjoying our cappuccinos.]
We had a layover in LAX and their lounge was awesome too. We had a view of the Hollywood sign. Can you see it?
We enjoyed a snack and a glass of wine with a view.
Popping in this photo of my travel nails. They lasted a long time (I just took them off). They are Dashing Diva nail stickers.
We made it onto the plane. Yay! Off to LAX. I watched the newest Downton Abbey movie and realized I hadn't seen the two previous ones. It didn't matter, I still remembered the characters and it was fun to see what they were up to.
We enjoyed a snack and a glass of wine with a view.
Onto our next flight! We made it to Oahu and took a taxi to our hotel. We were staying at the Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki for Mr. Click's conference.
We had been traveling about 20 hours and were ready to unwind, explore the resort and grab some dinner.It was dark so we walked around the resort but couldn't see much of the view. We were exhausted and ready for bed by around 9pm.
My view in the morning. I took a long morning walk along the water. The resort itself is huge and is attached to a whole shopping village.
It was surreal to go from snow to sunshine and palm trees!
I spent most of the day hanging out at one of the pools with some of the other spouses from the conference. The sun got really intense later in the day and I needed a break from it. I cooled off and had lunch in my room. The resort was extremely crowded due to the conference and it took a little getting used to the crowds and lines.
My casual dinner outfit. I met up with the other spouses and we walked into downtown Waikiki for dinner. We went to Oyster Hale by Crush, a Japanese seafood place. I got the Garlic Butter Shrimp and was surprised that the shells were still on! I spent most of the day hanging out at one of the pools with some of the other spouses from the conference. The sun got really intense later in the day and I needed a break from it. I cooled off and had lunch in my room. The resort was extremely crowded due to the conference and it took a little getting used to the crowds and lines.
Linking up:
Pin It

8 comments:
Oahu is beautiful. I would love a letter. Email me at reginetalia83@yahoo.com
What a great trip - and love that lounge! Looks like a relaxing way to start a trip! We went to Hawaii and stayed at the same place years ago...looks so nice it might be time to return! Love the nails...just bought some press on for our next trip, so you inspired me to give them a try!
We had a layover at LAX too but it was the middle of the night so much too dark to see anything. What a beautiful resort! I am rather impressed you made it up until 9 your first night there.
This place has my name written all over it - and the menu at that restaurant is impressive!
Fun! I am going to enjoy this trip. ;-) It is feeling like spring here today, but I know winter is not over.
Oh wow, you traveled in style!! So nice- getting picked up at the airport, the lounge, etc. It looks beautiful there. What a great break from the bleakness of winter back home!
Heather, the lounge looks and sounds so nice. How wonderful to go to Hawaii with your husband. We stayed at the same hotel in 2016 and loved it. It sounds like you had such a fun time especially hanging out with the wives. I would love to go back to Hawaii and I can't wait to hear more about your trip.
Looks like a good start. We are going to Oahu as well towards the end of March so looking forward to see all that you did.
Post a Comment