Wednesday, February 18, 2026

{Travel} Oahu- Days 3 & 4

Day 3

I could get used to this view from the resort. 

Mr. Click was still in his conference so I was on my own again. I decided to walk into town by going along the beach for as long as I could.
I passed this ceremony, I'm not sure what it was because there were multiple couples being highlighted/honored.
I walked around the bougie shopping area of Waikiki. Every designer store you can think of, is there.   This was in a courtyard in one of the shopping areas.  It was so peaceful.
I stopped for coffee at Big Wave Dave Surf & Coffee.    The cafe had a real surfer vibe.
Welp, here's the next photo on my camera roll. I fell and hurt my wrist on the way back to the hotel.  I stayed in my room most of the day resting, icing and elevating my wrist. I enjoyed room service and watched a lot of tv.
I also sat out on the balcony and watched/heard these pretty green birds flying all around the resort.  I looked them up and I think they are rose-ringed parakeets.  
So cool!
I rallied later and met up with the gang for dinner.  I was now sporting a snazzy wrist brace.   
Day 4
Sitting in one my favorite spots at the resort in the comfy rocking chairs and enjoying my coffee from Chee Hoo!.
They had some interesting pastries!  Spam is popular in Hawaii.
My wrist was still very sore and my hand was swollen so I decided I should get an x-ray. I mapped it and it was only a 20 minute walk. This was my walk to the urgent care.  The x-ray showed that I had fractured my wrist. Boo!! The doctor told me to keep the wrist brace on and follow up with an orthopedist when I got home.
I took myself out to lunch at Waikiki Brew Co.
This spicy ahi poke bowl was so good!
These banyan trees are so cool and are growing right in the middle of the park I would cut through to get back to the resort.
I stopped back at Chee Hoo! to try their Dole Whip mixed with vanilla soft serve. It was yummy!
Later that evening, I got ready for dinner and packed up because we were moving rooms to the Rainbow Tower.  
[Side note: I've had this dress since 2018 and almost always pack it in my personal item bag when traveling somewhere warm. It folds down to nothing, is super lightweight and never wrinkles. I don't always wear it on my trips but it is good to have!]  $12 from Primark!!
[sightseeing in Boston in 2018]
The new tower room was a really nice upgrade and much quieter than our other room.
It also had a much better view!
to be continued...


Pin It

8 comments:

R's Rue said...

Looks beautiful. The Dole Whip looks delicious.

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

It sounds like you had a nice time walking around except when you fell and hurt your wrist. I hope your wrist is better now. The beach looked so pretty and the spot by the pool. I like your cute outfits too. I remember my husband loving the poke bowls and we loved the coffee. The view from your new room looked so pretty over looking the beach and ocean. I'm looking forward to hearing more about your trip.

Carla from The River said...

Hi,
Oh this brings back so many memories of the days my sister worked in Hawaii each January. She would send me photos of her coffee, and the whip. ;-)
I love how you walk everywhere (even to urgent care!)... I do the same. I have been going to PT for some issues, I walk to PT. ;-)
I love to walk.
How is your wrist?

Ann said...

So sorry you broke your wrist...but can see you did not let it keep you from enjoying your trip too much. Looks like a beautiful time. Hope you are healing quickly!!!

Gina said...

What a vacay without one hiccup or two...hopefully your wrist is almost back to normal by now. Motrin to the rescue.

Joanne said...

So sorry to read about your wrist! But oh, those views are fabulous.

Hena Tayeb said...

The dole whip looks refreshing. My mom owns a parrot that looks very much like that parakeet.

Maria Rineer said...

I'm sorry about your wrist! When I was in Texas about a month ago, I was walking in town and tripped- just face planted (I have no idea how or why). I ended up with just a nasty bruise on my knee- could have been much worse. Anyway, your pictures are all so good. It looks like an amazing place to spend a few days. I need to find a great travel dress!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails