Friday, December 5, 2025

{The Abode} Decorating The Pool House For Christmas

 Ever since we bought this house, I wanted to decorate our cute little pool house for Christmas.

It got a glow up this summer with this lovely paint job and I added a flower box for summer blooms (no longer blooming here!)
I wanted to use as many things as we had onhand and try and thrift some of the decor too. I started by pulling these planters from the back porch over to flank the doorway. I added a flameless candle lantern from the back porch too.  I cut some greens for the flower box.

We did purchase some new garland, some picks and got new lights.  I already had the sled and skates and the doormat was from last year.
I added more greens to the containers and there's my little red lantern from the thrift store, I also added the flameless candle that I found on the same thrift trip (for some reason it's not pictured here).
Here it is all lit up at night.  I also added battery operated lights on the little trees and a battery operated candle in the window.
We switched our fence's solar lights to red and green to give the backyard a festive glow.
I got a shot of the super moon rising over the pool house. How cool!
It's our little secret (until now) backyard cozy cabin. Maybe next year we'll have the inside done too!  Hot cocoa bar, anyone?

Please follow me! 
Instagram @heather_ourlife 
Facebook ourlifeinaclick

Linking up:






Pin It

8 comments:

Carla from The River said...

It is cute. I love that you captured the moon. :-)
We saw it Wednesday night, last night it was cloudy and now it is snowing. ;-)

Ann said...

LOVE IT! It is so nice to look out and see your decorations from your home. Love the window boxes - everything looks perfect. Before we downsized to an apartment I wanted a back yard "shed" - with windows to decorate and light up. We never got around to it. Now we have our screened patio...and even though we are the only ones who see it - since it backs up to a wooded area with deer and birds - I have an old sled with lights on it and a lighted tin on the table. It's the little things that make a cozy life!

Laura | Everyday Edits said...

love it! love the sled and skates and greenery! ❤️

Gina said...

Oh, you're going to have a lot of fun with it next year! Looks so good. (:

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

The shed looks so pretty decorated for Christmas and the lights by the pool look great.

Maria Rineer said...

It´s darling and festive- two of my favorite things! I think a hot cocoa bar would be so neat!!

Joanne said...

It looks fabulous!

mireille said...

It looks absolutely lovely!
www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails