I wanted to get a few painting projects (like the front door) done before the holidays and this one had been on list for awhile.
The brick on the fireplace was a bumpy, greyish white and I never liked it. I wanted to paint it black and even did this mock up on ChatGPT.
I knew it would be an improvement.
It wasn't the easiest surface to paint because of the texture og the bricks. It needed 3 coats but I completed the job in an afternoon. Again, what took me so long to do this!?
It's not perfect but it's such an improvement to me and I love it against the wooden mantel and our floors.Here's how it looked when I put the room back together.
Since that was over a month ago I snapped a shot of what it looks like decorated for Christmas right now.
Please follow me!
Instagram @heather_ourlife


6 comments:
It looks SO good...that black really adds a focal point to the room and I love your manel decorations. It is amazing what a little paint can do to transform things. And you need a fire...it's 11 degrees here today ! Stay warm !
Heather, you did a great job painting the fireplace. The black paint looks great and I love the way you decorated the fireplace and tree. It's so nice that you can have a fire going with the cold weather we're having now.
That looks great! They say each room needs a pop of black. It looks so pretty decorated for Christmas too!
It really does look so lovely like that!
heather i move this!! love!!!
Your fireplace looks so good! I've been wanting to paint ours and my husband has been hesitant. Going to show him your post! :)
Jill - Doused in Pink
Post a Comment