Wednesday, September 3, 2025

{Travel} Kauai, Hawaii - Day 1 Travel Day & Hotel

I'm finally getting to the recap of our trip to Kauai, Hawaii.  I have so many photos and memories that it's a pretty daunting task but I'm ready for it!
Toasting the flight with some guava juice.  We flew out of JFK early in the morning.
The flight attendants handed out these amenity cases and then brought around a trayful of amenities to choose from.
They also gave us some macadamia nuts before breakfast.
This was my fancy lunch.
These cute Hawaiian shirts contained salt & pepper packets.  
We had a long non stop flight to Honolulu and then took a short flight to Kauai.
One quick flight and we were in Lihue, Kauai. I love an indoor/outdoor air airport!
We walked over to the rental car lot and picked up our Jeep for the week. There were wild chickens in the parking lot!
We made a quick stop at Costco, because of course! 
The view from our hotel room. We stayed at the Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas.
After a very long travel day, we were ready for a nice dinner at the hotel restaurant.




Waiting for dinner and "chicken repellent" spray bottles of water on the tables. We didn't use it but there are chickens everywhere on Kauai.
My first fresh catch from Hawaii...delicious ono fish.
We took an evening stroll around the property and headed to bed.


Please follow me! 
Instagram @heather_ourlife 
Facebook ourlifeinaclick

Linking up:
Talking About it Tuesdays









 





















Pin It

5 comments:

Carla from The River said...

Oh I have been waiting for this. My sister would spend the month of January in Hawaii, the chickens are everywhere!!! ;-)
Love the flower in your hair.
xx oo
Carla

Tamar SB said...

How exciting!! Can't wait to hear more about it.

Joanne said...

Those Hawaiian shirt salt and pepper shakers are a riot! I really wanted to add Kauai to our Hawaii trip but the boys were not interested. Ono was my favorite fish I ate in Hawaii! Your resort looks beautiful.

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

It looks like you both flew in style and the that s/p shaker is adorable. We loved Costco when went to Hawaii in 2016. I love that you rented a Jeep and what hotel did you stay as it looks so nice. I can't wait to hear more about your trip. We want to go back again to Hawaii.

mireille said...

I've never been to Hawaii. I am not sure if it is on my bucket list yet.. so many places to visit! However, I am definitely interested in learning about your travels there to have something to reference to!
www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails