Friday, May 23, 2025

Painting The Island - Going Coastal

 If you saw my last post, ChatGPT gave us the idea to paint our island a coastal  color and we went for it.

We picked Sea Cliff Heights by Benjamin Moore and had it color matched at Home Depot.

I love the description of it!
For a reminder, here's the before. Our home came with a black island and we had added another coat of black over the last year,
Here's proof that I actually helped this time.  
This is how it was looking after the first coat.
We also picked out new cabinet handles and drawer pulls.
I was drawn to the gold but they didn't match each other and since we have a lot of black in the kitchen (and house), we ultimately went with matte black.
You can see here how the golds don't match. I also didn't like the chunkiness of the black pulls.



So we went with these drawer pulls and the cabinet knobs from the photo above.

We love the coastal pop of color in the kitchen.
It's subtle but also really lightens up the room.
Next up is new fabric for the bar stools.

What do you think of our little coastal upgrade?
Happy Memorial Day Weekend!
Please follow me! 
Instagram @heather_ourlife 
Facebook ourlifeinaclick

Linking up:
Talking About It Tuesday





Pin It

11 comments:

Ann said...

Oh, it looks great - very fresh and modern. Great job!

Andrea Nine said...

Coastal CUTE! I love it.

Joanne said...

I LOVE it! I love anything coastal.

Tamar SB said...

Oh wow wow wow! Love it!

Gina said...

That's a beautiful color and does make a very nice accent in the kitchen. Great job!

Carla from The River said...

It is beautiful. I like it. I love it! :-)

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

I love that new color for your island. It really does brighten up the room. I can't wait to see the fabric you picked out for the bar stools.

csuhpat1 said...

It looks really good.

Hena Tayeb said...

Oh I love it.. so light and breezy.

Doused in Pink | Chicago Style Blog said...

What a transformation! I love the color!

Jill - Doused in Pink

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

Love that color, a perfect makeover for the island. Visiting from Slices of Life.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails