Wednesday, January 22, 2025

{The Abode} Bi-Fold Barn Doors In The Family Room

 We did another little update in the house.

Our lower level family room also serves as a room for guests so we wanted to add some privacy.  We had hung a room darkening curtain on a tension rod but we wanted something a little more private and solid.
We talked to our contractor about adding a door and a barn door seemed like the only solution. The problem with that would be it would cover the light switch.
After doing some research, I found another option--bifold barn doors!  We were able to order the hardware from Amazon and the doors from Home Depot. The hardest thing was measuring (and re-measuring) and verifying with our contractor that it would work.  This is how they look open...
...and how the look closed!  
Here it is from the other side.  We are thrilled with this update.   We've been using the doors a lot lately to keep the room cozy when our fireplace is on.    Have you ever seen bifold doors? I'd love to add them to our closets one of these days!



Pin It

14 comments:

Maria Rineer said...

That's a nice addition! I'm sure that guests will appreciate having even more privacy (there's something about a solid mass vs. cloth for privacy!).

Joanne said...

I didn't know they made bi-folding barn doors. That looks great.

Carla from The River said...

Great idea Heather, we did something similar with our upstairs bathroom. It is a small bathroom, creating a smaller door made more room... if that makes sense. ;-)

csuhpat1 said...

Those doors look super cool.

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

I like how this barn door adds privacy and looks great! What a great solution instead of the curtain.

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

What a fabulous new look and some much wanted privacy.

Ann said...

What a great idea...love barn doors but did not know they make them in bifold. Great job!

Andrea Nine said...

A Bi-Fold barn door, how cool! Looks great!

MELODY JACOB said...

What a brilliant update! The bifold barn doors look absolutely fantastic and definitely add that extra touch of privacy while still keeping the space light and airy. I can see how they’d be perfect for those cosy nights by the fire. Great thinking with the solution for the light switch too! I’m sure they’re a game-changer for the room. Wishing you a lovely weekend filled with relaxation and more successful home projects!

Laura | Everyday Edits said...

Hi Heather, these look great. I love to see what you two do with your new home! xo laura

Amy Johnson said...

Those are super cute doors! We had to install pocket doors in a couple of spots in our house cause there was no room for regular doors.

Tamar SB said...

That is such a smart idea!!

Hena Tayeb said...

A great idea.

Michele Morin said...

I've seen the barn door look in several places and it's so appealing!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails