Thursday, February 29, 2024

{Soup Series} Creamy "Chk-n" Gnocchi Soup-Dairy Free

 I'm back with another soup recipe. This one was so good, we had it on Christmas. It's easy to make but feels special and decadent at the same time.  It's also super creamy without any dairy.



Ingredients

1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked in boiling water for a few hours
4 cups vegetable broth
1/2 medium red onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup riced cauliflower
1-2 cups raw spinach (or kale)
3 small carrots, diced
3 stalks celery, diced
1 (18oz) package of potato gnocchi
2 meatless chicken breasts (I use Don't be a Chicken brand)
Spices: onion powder, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper flakes(optional)

To make:
Serves 4-6
  • Start by soaking your cashews in boiling water for a few hours or overnight.
  • Sauté onions, garlic, carrots, cauliflower & celery in a large stock pot with some water or olive oil until onions are translucent
  • Microwave the "chicken" patties until defrosted and cut into bite size pieces, add to the stock pot and cook through 
  • Add spices to taste. I usually add 1/2-1 tsp of each onion, garlic, Italian seasoning to start. Season with salt & pepper. 
  • Add vegetable broth and bring to a low boil
  • Add gnocchi and cook for about 5 minutes, then reduce heat to simmer
  • Drain soaked cashews and blend with 1 cup of water until smooth
  • Add the blended cashews to the pot and stir on low heat
  • Add spinach (or kale) and cook until wilted
  • Check for seasonings and serve.  Add some crushed red pepper flakes for a little kick!
Enjoy!

Please follow me!

Pin It

10 comments:

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

Heather, your soup sounds just perfect on a cold winter day like today! Thanks for sharing this recipe. I hope you stay warm and enjoy your day and the weekend.

Slabs said...

This does look amazing and so delicious.
I visited you via Randomosity: On the High Line
My links: 24+25. We will be so happy if you share your links with us at SeniorSalonPitStop. Link under BLOGGING

Joanne said...

That looks delicious!

Andrea Nine said...

This gnocchi soup looks absolutely incredible!

R's Rue said...

Yum

Carla from The River said...

YUM!!! I love gnocchi!!

Hena Tayeb said...

This looks great.. hearty and comforting.

Creations By Cindy said...

That soup looks amazing! I love soups all year round! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

R's Rue said...

Happy weekend friend.

R's Rue said...

Hope you’re well

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails