In my last post, you saw our quiet Memorial Day weekend which was ok because the following week we had fun little getaway planned.
Mr. Click's work band had a gig in Virginia. Our first stop was band practice and I took a long walk around this pretty shopping area while they rehearsed.Our room was cute too.
I thought it was all so well designed.I appreciated the extra shelf in the bathroom. There are never enough surfaces in a hotel bathroom if you ask me.We had dinner that night at Ted's Bulletin. I loved it!In the morning we found a new place to walk.
It was Elizabeth Mills State Park.
The views were stunning. We traveled to Manassas later in the day (and stopped for some outlet shopping).
That night was the gig and this was my 'fit' (new shirt from LOFT outlet).It was the perfect day for an outdoor show.
Work band was on fire!
It was a corporate event with lots of food and drink options. I tried the frosé.We stayed for the headliner, Coffey Anderson. I didn't know of him but became a fan by the end of the night.
He was such a nice guy too.
I've started watching his Netflix show now.The next morning we had breakfast in the hotel (a different TRU by Hilton). I was mesmerized by the pancake maker. You can watch it here on my Reels https://www.instagram.com/heather_ourlife/We headed out for some more hiking and stopped at Gunpowder State Park in Maryland.It wasn't great for hiking but it had a nice beach.
This sign explains the name Gunpowder River and the legend that surrounds it.
We walked around for awhile and then found a place for lunch on the water.
We were about halfway home and Bowley's was a good place to stop.
Pin It
We were about halfway home and Bowley's was a good place to stop.
Please follow me!
Instagram @heather_ourlife



7 comments:
What a great weekend away!
What a great weekend away!
What a beautiful trip and that looks like a wonderful concert. Very cool.
You know I love your travel posts. This was another fun adventure. :-)
Heather, it looks like you and Mr. Click had a great time with your get away to Virginia. I enjoyed looking at the photos of your trip.
The cake looks yummy!
hI Heather,
thanks for the sweet comment about the basket wreath! I had mine in the bathroom and now love it next to front door.
Must check out the Andrew Coffey Netflix. We just finished the auto doc on Arnold Schwarzenegger.
That dessert looks amazing! Sharing on the Weekend Edit! xo laura
Post a Comment