Friday, March 17, 2023

Dinners Lately

I've been trying to use up what we have in the fridge, freezer and pantry and here's what I've been making for dinner.

I had a lot of corn tortillas and used them up in this yummy soup recipe. I added red lentils for an extra protein kick.

There was a pie crust in the freezer so I made a veggie pot pie. 

This was our Valentine's dinner. ❤️

I could eat potatoes any which way but I hadn't made my fries in awhile. They are so good. I can have them as my main with a salad and a side of veggies.

I had an open box of jumbo shells in the pantry so I made some stuffed shells. I switched out the cauliflower ricotta for a tofu ricotta.  Use what you have!
I like keeping a bag of frozen butternut squash in the freezer.  It makes a super quick and easy mac & cheez.

These are a staple around here. I always seem to have bell peppers, onions and chickpeas on hand. Such an easy dinner!

I was craving this lentil loaf and I made it the other night with cauliflower mashed faux-tatoes. I love it cold in a sandwich too.

What's been your go-to dinner lately?
Please follow me!





Pin It

9 comments:

R's Rue said...

Yummy.

Tamar SB said...

Yummy dinner time at your house!

Ann said...

Looks delicious! Thanks for the ideas....same here - we are going on a trip and want to use up everything in the fridge and pantry. Some crazy combinations, but fun!

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

Heather, all of the food looks good, especially the pot pie. Thanks for these recipes.

csuhpat1 said...

Everything does look yummy here.

Hena Tayeb said...

Yum! I make a vegetarian tortilla soup as well but its not creamy and is full of chopped bell peppers and beans. The kids hate it but all the adults love it.

Laura | Everyday Edits said...

Yum! Trying to pin the cucumber sushi and the vegan tortilla soup!

xo laura

Laura | Everyday Edits said...

Pinned!!!

Carla from The River said...

Hi Heather, I love this post. I have been doing the same thing. Use what we have. I know how food waste is such a huge issue.
My cousin lives in Southern Wisconsin she has been educating on the amount of food waste.
Thank you so much for this post.
Carla

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails