Hey, it's been a bit (thanks for checking up on me Laura!). Life has been busy and I'm not always sure I want to get back to blogging but I do miss it. I have lots to catch up on! So here goes!
First off, is my plant progress and life as a new plant mom. In March I set out to get some cat-safe plants and see if I could keep them alive.
I found some attractive pots at the Target Dollar Spot.
I also started fertilizing the plants with these spikes (from Dollar Tree).
Here's how they are looking now. They seem to be thriving. The Calathea on the left has been nibbled on but that's ok.
The Bromeliad also gets nibbled on but it is loving life in the bathroom.Downstairs I have to keep the spider plant up high. It's doing ok.
The little Pepperomia is making baby spikes with new growth and the Polka Dot plant has doubled in size since I repotted it.
This Pepperomia is sprouting new growth too. I think I need to repot most of the plants now.The Purple Waffle plant is looking a little sad. I'm not sure what to do with it but the Christmas Cactus is doing well.
The Rosemary needs to be moved outside if Nessa will allow it. Do you have any plant advice for me?Instagram @heather_ourlife
Twitter @ourlifeinaclick
Facebook ourlifeinaclick
Linking up:


9 comments:
They all look so pretty! I just reported all of mine and they are over the shock!
I love my house plants. My spider plant is looking a little sickly, I'm wondering if it would like to be on the balcony?
I just bought rosemary for my outside herb boxes.
Your plants look great....and healthy, too! I have very few live plants as our apartment does not get much direct sunlight. A few that tolerate low light...and lot of faux that I convince myself look real. My neighbor across the hall has lots of sunlight and lots of plants and asked me to water them while she was on vacation for two weeks. OMG...the orchid! I said a prayer each day that I did not kill it before she came home - it worked. Glad yours are doing so well - have a great week!
You are doing fantastic. I really like the Pepperomia.
Love that last photo.. that smile.
xx oo
You are doing a nice job. They all look great.
I wish I was that good with plants!
All of your plants look great Heather. I have a few big plants and a lot of small plants. I am trying my best to keep them alive. The rosemary will probably do well outside or your could replant it in the ground. Nessa looks adorable just hanging out! Enjoy the holiday weekend Heather.
Missed you friend.
I haven't blogged in awhile either (I need to update soon). Your plants look pretty nice. My best advice isn't for how to care for the plants but to make sure the plants you do have are non-toxic to your nibbling kitty.
Post a Comment