Tuesday, May 3, 2022

{Recipe} Trader Joe's Green Goddess Dupe

I'm pretty obsessed with TJ's Green Goddess dressing but I can't always get it so I tried to replicate it at home. Spoiler alert...it turned out perfectly and I made mine without oil.  You won't miss it!
Ingredients:
1 small (82 grams) ripe avocado (no brown spots), peeled
1/2 cup water, plus more to thin out the dressing
3 TBS apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup green onion (3-4 stalks)
2 TBS white onion
1 TBS fresh lemon juice
1 TBS dried chives (or use 1/4 cup fresh)
2 TBS dried parsley (or use 1/2 cup fresh)
1 TBS dried basil (or use 1/3 cup fresh)
1 clove of garlic
1/2 tsp sea salt (or more to taste)
freshly ground black pepper to taste

To make:

  • Add all ingredients into a blender (I used my Ninja), starting with a 1/2 cup of water. Blend until smooth.  
  • Taste and adjust seasonings if needed, blend again. 
  • Add more water to thin out the dressing (optional).  It thickens in the fridge so I make mine a little runny to begin with.  I used 1 cup of water total.
  • Store in an airtight jar in the fridge for up to 5 days.

Enjoy on your salads or as a dip!

Please follow me!
Instagram @heather_ourlife 
Twitter @ourlifeinaclick 
Facebook @ourlifeinclick

Linking up:
Pin It

10 comments:

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

The salad dressing you made looks so good and I can't wait to try it out. Thanks for the recipe Heather.

Hena Tayeb said...

It looks delectable!

Tamar SB said...

Love a good green goddess dressing!

csuhpat1 said...

Very nice and thanks for showing us how.

Carla from The River said...

YUM!!! I pinned. :-)

Laura | Everyday Edits said...

Hi Heather, Impressive! Looks yummy!
Think of you everytime I hit TJ or Costco! Ha!

laura in Colorado

R's Rue said...

Looks so good.

Andrea Nine said...

I love this recipe! And this is too funny I bought green goddess a couple months ago and wished to myself that I can make it as I like homemade dressings better, I will definitely try this!

Creations By Cindy said...

That sounds delicious and looks amazing! That is so simple. Thank you for sharing the recipe. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Ann said...

Heather - this sounds delicious. Can't wait to try it! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails