Tuesday, November 2, 2021

{Recipe} Creamy Butternut Squash Soup-Vegan/Oil Free

This is the perfect fall soup.  It's rich and creamy without a drop of dairy or oil! I amped up the flavors by roasting the butternut squash and gave it a silky smoothness with potatoes and white beans. Seriously! 


Ingredients:
(Serves 4-6)

20 oz chopped butternut squash 
1/2 red onion, roughly chopped
1-2 cloves garlic, peeled
6 cherry tomatoes (optional)
10 oz golden potatoes, peeled and chopped
1/2 cup white beans, drained
1 c soy milk
1 c veggie broth
1 tsp herbs de Provence
 1/4-1/2 tsp nutmeg
salt & pepper to taste
tobasco -few dashes

To make:
  • Preheat oven to 400ºF
  • Spread squash, onion, tomatoes (if using) and garlic onto parchment lined baking sheet
  • Sprinkle with nutmeg and herbs de Provence
  • Bake for 30 minutes until soft and well roasted, set aside

  • While the squash is roasting, boil the potatoes until fork tender, drain and set aside.
  • Add to a high speed blender: vegetable broth, cooked potatoes, roasted vegetables, non dairy milk and white beans

  • Blend on high until smooth
  • Pour into pot and heat on low to medium


  • Add salt & pepper to taste
  • Add a few dashes of Tobasco for a little kick
  • Heat until warm and serve with some additional cracked black pepper on top if you like
Enjoy!

Please follow me!
Instagram @heather_ourlife 
Twitter @ourlifeinaclick 
Facebook @ourlifeinclick

Linking up:


Pin It

6 comments:

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

That squash soup sounds perfect for the fall and winter months. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Tamar SB said...

Yum!! Love the beans being in there!

Carla from The River said...

YUM! I am a fan of squash soup. I have a big butternut squash waiting for me to cook up. I think I know what I will be making with it. ;-)

Nancy 's Fashion Style said...

Never made it but it sure sound delicious!

R's Rue said...

So delicious.

Creations By Cindy said...

I have never had squash soup before. But about the only way I like squash is a squash casserole or fried crisp. Marty can eat it anyway I fix it. But, that does look delicious. Happy November Heather. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails