Freshly made English muffins are such a treat and easier than you think to make.
Ingredients:
{Basic Dough}
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp active dry yeast
3/4 cup lukewarm water, divided
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp olive oil
***
1 TBS fine cornmeal
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp active dry yeast
3/4 cup lukewarm water, divided
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp olive oil
***
1 TBS fine cornmeal
To make:
- Place flour in large mixing bowl, make a well in the middle and add yeast mixed with 1/4 cup water. Let rest for about 10 minutes. If yeast bubbles you know it's working.
- Add salt, oil and remaining 1/2 cup water and combine all ingredients (except cornmeal) with a large spoon. Knead to form dough.
- Cover bowl with a clean kitchen towel and let sit in a warm spot for 1 1/2- 2 hours until dough doubles in size. (I turn my oven on warm for a few minutes then turn it off and put the bowl in the oven to let it rise).
- Once dough has doubled in size, divide into 8 equal pieces and form into balls.
- Sprinkle cornmeal on parchment paper, place dough on top and press down, the flip and press again.
- Heat a griddle or skillet on low-to-medium and add English muffins. (Don't place too close together or they could stick to each other).
- Cook on each side about 5-10 minutes, adjusting heat as needed, until brown on the outside and cooked through.
- Use a fork to split them open, then toast to your desired crispness and perfection.





8 comments:
I am amazed that you made your own English muffins Heather. They look like they came out good and I bet taste delicious. I will have to try and make my own sometime. Thanks for the recipe.
I want some now with butter and jam. Thank you for sharing. I’m hungry now.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com
Look at those nooks and crannies!
Whoo, I have never made muffins before. They look so tasty Heather. I love them with jam too :)
Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Mondays :) #CreativeMondays
We LOVE English Muffins, I am pinning! Thank you for sharing.
Yum, I think that I will have to try it myself.
My son just started making homemade English muffins this past year and they are so delicious! I was surprised at how easy they were to make too.
yummy! sharing on the weekend edit. Yummy! laura
Post a Comment