We didn't have plans on Easter and decided to visit another spot on our list.
The John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge was another place that we'd always wanted to check out.
I had no idea what to expect but it was a fantastic place to walk around and enjoy the wildlife.
It was such a peaceful oasis from the city.
The swans were loving it too.
Stopping for a selfie along the way.
We did see a bald eagle but this is not one(we weren't close enough for a good photo).
Sunbathing turtles.
There were lots of places to get closer to the wildlife and observe them. We saw a few photographers with huge cameras. They probably got some eagle shots!Another observation spot. We ended up walking over 4 miles and were ready for some lunch after that.
We drove into Philly and had lunch here. It was such a cool place and had lots of outdoor dining areas.
We walked around the neighborhood after lunch and saw lots of places we'd like to try next time. It was a perfect day trip!
Pin It













8 comments:
What a great place for a walk!
Beautiful.
Wow! beautiful pictures! Love it!
It's a gorgeous area!
Heather, what a nice way to spend Easter visiting the wildlife refuge and a nice lunch out in Philly. I enjoyed looking at the photos and the turtles looked so cute and same for you and hubby.
I love swans. We have some living here. We see them when we do our river walk.
What a beautiful place for a walk and I bet lunch was great.
I love your day trips! We need to get started on those "field trips."
We get stuck in our weekend routines! xo laura
Post a Comment