Monday, June 1, 2020

My Latest Skincare Routine

It was time I got serious with my skin care and when a friend told me that her dermatologist had recommended The Ordinary for dry skin, I started looking into the company.
This was the product that started it all.
The AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution ($7.20/30ml)was the first product that I tried.  It's an exfoliating solution that contains 30% alpha hydroxy acid and  2% beta hydroxy acid.   The dark red color is definitely an eye catcher. While researching the product, I found out that the peel's ingredients help diminish the look of blemishes while smoothing the look of the skin's texture and I'm using it for dryness and dullness. I'll be honest, it stings a little when you put it on (but to me  that is a sign it's working!). It's a 10 minute peel and should be used no more than twice a week. It leaves my skin feeling super soft.
You definitely have to do your research with their products to figure out what to get. I watched a few youtube videos and also read reviews as well as information on The Ordinary website.  These are the serums I've been adding to my routine.  
  • I use Niacininamide 10% + Zinc 1%  ($5.90/30ml) as a spot treatment at night for my pores and dark spots.
  • I use the Alpha Abutin 2% + HA  ($8.90/30ml) serum in the morning after I cleanse my face to help with spot and hyper pigmentation. I use CeraVe Hydrating Face Cleanser to wash my face.
  • I use Matrixyl 10% + HA ($11.50/30ml)morning and evening to help reduce the look of fine lines and wrinkles.

I've also added these products into my routine.


I've been using this Mineral Sunscreen Stick in the morning after applying my moisturizer.
I'm no expert but it feels good to have a skin care routine that I can stick to. My skin feels softer and definitely less dry.  I also appreciate the very reasonable price points of all The Ordinary products.  I'm sure I'll keep trying new things and fine tuning my routine.

Please follow me!
Instagram @heather_ourlife 
Twitter @ourlifeinaclick 
Facebook @ourlifeinclick

Linking up:

Pin It

7 comments:

Andrea Nine said...

Sounds like such an amazing line and your skin always looks flawless!

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

I have heard of the Ordinary skin care line but I've never tried any of the products. I will have to look into it and thanks for the recommendation.

Creations By Cindy said...

I will have to take a look at the products. My poor skin is so dry and so sensitive. Thanks for sharing sweet lady. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Tamar SB said...

Looks like a great line up of products!!

Carla from The River said...

Thank you Heather for sharing.

Claire Justine said...

These sound interesting Heather. I've not used anything like these before :)

Laura | Everyday Edits said...

I want to try the peel. Where did you find it? Great tutorial too! thanks heather!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails