This recipe got devoured so quickly that I only have one photo of it!
It's super easy to throw together in the slow cooker and the soup is hearty as is, but add some avocado to the top and you'll be full for hours! Feel free to sub in ground turkey or beef if vegan isn't your thing.
Ingredients:
1 package of beefless ground crumbles (Gardein or Trader Joe's are my faves), equivalent to one pound of ground meat
1 medium yellow onion, diced
4 cups of vegetable broth
2 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes
1 14. 5 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed well
2 cups frozen corn
1 14 oz can tomato sauce (I used my homemade sauce)
Jalapeno slices from the jar (about 5-6), chopped
Taco seasonings of your choice: chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper
To make:
- Sauté onion in a pan with some water or oil for about 2 minutes.
- *EDITED 2025* I no longer sauté the onions and "meat" together-I just throw it all in the slow cooker and it comes out perfectly every time!
- Add beefless ground crumbles, breaking it up and continue to cook for another 5 minutes. (If using meat, cook until the meat has browned, then drain off fat.)
- Add the onion/"beef" mixture to the slow cooker along with all of the other ingredients. Start with about 1 tsp of each spice (except the cayenne pepper, start with 1/4 tsp of that).
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Serve with diced avocado (my favorite way) or some shredded (vegan) cheese. I also like to add a little Everything But The Bagel seasoning on top
- Enjoy!
Please follow me!
Instagram @heather_ourlife
Twitter @ourlifeinaclick
Pin It



6 comments:
Perfect for these cold nights!
Looks so delicious, I would gobble it up too!
This soup looks and sounds so delicious Heather. Thanks for sharing at Cooking and Crafting with J&J.
I want to try to make this, it looks delicious! I can never have enough Mexican in my life!
Yum! Trying to pin! My sister made me vegan tacos and they were amazing! She said the secret is spices! Happy Thursday Heather! laura
That sounds yummy!
Post a Comment