Friday, March 1, 2019

{Recipe} Peanut Broccoli Slaw *New Version*

I've made a version of this salad but I think this one is new and improved and it's oil free!

 Ingredients:
Salad:
1 bag of broccoli slaw (about 4 cups)
1-2 cups mixed, shredded cabbage
3 cups carrots, julienned (about 3 medium carrots)
1 cup shelled, cooked edamame (I used frozen, let thaw if serving immediately)
1/2 cup onion (I used half green/1/2 red), finely diced
cilantro (either 1/2 cup fresh or 2 TBS squeeze tube )
Mix all ingredient in a large bowl
 Tip: This  peeler makes julienne carrots so easily!

Dressing:
3 cloves of garlic, minced
5-6 TBS powdered peanut butter (I used PBFit)
3 TBS soy sauce (I used liquid aminos)
2 tsp rice wine vinegar
1 or more/less packets of Zing sweetener (I found that one was enough- you can also add agave or maple syrup to taste)
pinch of salt
pinch of red pepper flakes(optional)
squeeze of lime juice
1 or more TBS of water, start with one
Whisk ingredients together, adding more water to thin it out if needed.


 Pour dressing over salad and mix well.
 Add a little sriracha to give it some extra kick if you like that.
 Enjoy!!   Makes 4 - 6 servings.
I think some chopped peanuts on top would make a great addition!

Please follow me!
Instagram @heather_ourlife 
Twitter @ourlifeinaclick 
Pin It

4 comments:

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

Wow Heather, this salad looks so good and yummy. We here love these kinds of salads and it looks easy to make. I like that dressing! Pinning this recipe. :)

Tamar SB said...

Yum!! I think my costco stopped having PB powder!

Claire Justine said...

Whoo, this looks so tasty Heather. I bet it tastes great, yum!

Thanks for sharing at Welcome To The Weekend Blog Hop. Hope you having a lovely weekend.

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

This looks so tasty! I will be picking up the ingredients for this when I hit TJs on Wednesday! I've always wanted to make a good peanut slaw!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails