Wednesday, March 13, 2019

{Entertaining} Book Club: The Extraordinary Life Of Sam Hell

It was my turn to host book club last month (hence the Valentine's decor).
I mentioned this book in my last Friday Faves post.  I was really enjoying it
 I went (loosely) with the theme of "Devil Boy" for the food (the boy in the story is born with red eyes and kids called him Devil Boy at school).  I made Devilish Potatoes, Spicy Red Pepper Hummus and Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Pita Chips.  I filled in with veggies, popcorn, fruit, nuts and Harvest Snap Pea snacks (there's also a scene with peas in the book).
 Of course we had wine and some great discussions of the book.
I added the flask to my letter board display (the flask has a small but pivotal part in the book).  They all loved the book so I was happy about that! Our next book is:
Little Fires Everywhere - Celeste Ng.jpg
It's one I've already read but it's a good one!

Please follow me!
Instagram @heather_ourlife 
Twitter @ourlifeinaclick 
Pin It

8 comments:

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

Sounds like you had a fun time hosting your book club and a lot of nice foods to pick on. I will have to add these books to my reading list.

Anna of Mutton Style and Years said...

I'm involved in online book clubs. We don't get food and wine. Where am i going wrong!

Tamar SB said...

You are so creative with your offerings!

Karen said...

Your Book club is so creative! We’re lucky if half of the people read the book 😆. BTW...I LOVED Little Fires Everywhere....enjoy!

Love Of Quilts said...

Looking forward to some time to read, can't believe how long it has been since I read a book. Nice living space you have. Take Care.

Ida said...

That sounds like a very interesting book and I love that you try to match your food to the books theme.

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

I love how you match the food to the book's theme. Looks like a yummy spread and a great book!.

Claire Justine said...

Yummy. You food looks delicious Heather :) I would love to grab a plateful.

Thanks for linking up to The Wednesday Blog Hop. Hope you can join me tomorrow.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails