Wednesday, July 25, 2018

4th of July 2018

Is it too late to post about 4th of July? I hope not. It has been three weeks but it seems like it was a long time ago!
This photo was from one of my recent  Four On Friday posts where I was admiring my mother in law's viewing spot for the local 4th of July parade.
 She has prime real estate along the parade route and plenty of room for all of her friends and family to sit in the shade.  I got to wear this thrifted t-shirt from last year.
 We have a typical small town parade that has its own charm.
 There are lots of service people, classic cars, cute kids and fire trucks..lots of fire trucks!


 (Some of) the gang!  My niece made a 'please throw candy' sign out of chalk.
 Did I say fire trucks?
 And horses!
 The candy message was rewarded.  Her bowl of candy.
 The stuff she didn't want (spearmint jellies).
 Here comes "Elvis"!
 My mother in law was serenaded by him.
 We knew some people on this float.
 And this gang looks familiar too!  After the parade we had everyone over for breakfast.  We had another family bbq in the afternoon so we didn't stay too long.


It was SO hot that day. I showered and changed into this cool and comfy romper for the bbq.
That night we were home by the time it got dark and we were treated to some beautiful fireworks right in our neighborhood!
We oohed and ahhed over them right in our driveway. No driving, traffic or crowds to deal with.
It was a pretty perfect 4th of July (except that it fell on a Wednesday this year!). What did you do?
Instagram @heather_ourlife 
Twitter @ourlifeinaclick 
Facebook @ourlifeinclick
Please follow me!

Linking up:
Pin It

6 comments:

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

It looks like you had a great 4th. The summer seems to be flying by so fast. We went to the beach for the day and enjoyed it so much since the water was so warm to swim. We spent a quiet evening watching the fireworks on tv. :)

Tamar SB said...

Sounds like a perfect 4th of July!

Laura Everyday Edits said...

Okay I had to take a double take when I saw 4th of July post. I love the pics! And, that romper is too cute! I have not found one yet! laura

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

The parade looks fun! You brought me a “hometown feel” and I loved seeing elvis! Your romper looked cool and cute!

Andrea Nine said...

Never to late to bring us your Americana CUTENESS! Great tee and just love the parade vibe. So nostalgic.

Carla from The River said...

The best way to celebrate. :-)
I enjoy seeing what and how you celebrate, so no worries when you get it to the blog, I always enjoy.
xx oo
Carla

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails