Did you know there was a Disney Food Blog?
I've recently discovered it and it's a dangerously good thing.
We haven't been to Disney since August 2011, when they were just introducing the Mickey shaped soft pretzels. We never did find one so I will definitely be looking for one this time.
I thought I new pretty much everything about dining in Disney but I learned a few new things while reading the article- "56 Must-Read Disney Dining Secrets from Disney Food Blog". While reading it, I discovered a snack we've never experienced.
source
It's called School Bread and can be found in Epcot's Norway at the Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe. The description is "a sweet bread roll, injected with vanilla pudding,then covered in sweet icing and toasted coconut." Yes please!
We've had the Cloudberry Horn from Kringla and it was amazing so I can only imagine how the School Bread will taste. To read a great description of it, click here.
source
How cute is this new Viking Mousse (also from Norway)?
Another new food item that sounded good to me was the Meatball Cone found in Downtown Disney's Marketplace Snacks.
It's called School Bread and can be found in Epcot's Norway at the Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe. The description is "a sweet bread roll, injected with vanilla pudding,then covered in sweet icing and toasted coconut." Yes please!
We've had the Cloudberry Horn from Kringla and it was amazing so I can only imagine how the School Bread will taste. To read a great description of it, click here.
source
How cute is this new Viking Mousse (also from Norway)?
Another new food item that sounded good to me was the Meatball Cone found in Downtown Disney's Marketplace Snacks.
source
Turkey meatballs smothered in marinara sauce, sprinkled with provolone cheese and served in a bread cone..and served with a side of chips! There's also a Chili Cone Queso available. Disney "handwiches" seem to be the thing these days (even though this one is served with a fork).
source
I also enjoy a cocktail or some 'champs' when I'm in WDW and here was another surprise to me. Why not, I'm on vacation and I'm not driving anywhere.
Grown up slushies like the Grand Manier Orange Slush and the Grey Goose Citron Lemon Slush are found in Epcot's French Pavillion.
source
Turkey meatballs smothered in marinara sauce, sprinkled with provolone cheese and served in a bread cone..and served with a side of chips! There's also a Chili Cone Queso available. Disney "handwiches" seem to be the thing these days (even though this one is served with a fork).
source
I also enjoy a cocktail or some 'champs' when I'm in WDW and here was another surprise to me. Why not, I'm on vacation and I'm not driving anywhere.
Grown up slushies like the Grand Manier Orange Slush and the Grey Goose Citron Lemon Slush are found in Epcot's French Pavillion.
source
These might give' champs' a run for its money this year.
I might head over to Epcot's Mexico Pavillion to try out their Margarita Flight at Cava del Tequila.
source Photo credit:Shayne Newell
Don't they look yummy?
source
I've been to Animal Kingdom so many times and never even noticed the Dawa Bar. It is right next to the Tusker House Restaurant and I've probably walked by it on every visit. Thanks to the Disney Food Blog I now know about it and some of its specialty cocktails like the African Margarita (pictured). I need to add this to our 'must try' list!
I'm sure we'll have a few of our old favorites but I'm looking forward to trying some new treats as well.
To read more of our Disney adventures, you can start here.
Linking up with:
Blogstalking Thursday
Alphabe-Thursday
Pin It
I might head over to Epcot's Mexico Pavillion to try out their Margarita Flight at Cava del Tequila.
source Photo credit:Shayne Newell
Don't they look yummy?
source
I've been to Animal Kingdom so many times and never even noticed the Dawa Bar. It is right next to the Tusker House Restaurant and I've probably walked by it on every visit. Thanks to the Disney Food Blog I now know about it and some of its specialty cocktails like the African Margarita (pictured). I need to add this to our 'must try' list!
I'm sure we'll have a few of our old favorites but I'm looking forward to trying some new treats as well.
To read more of our Disney adventures, you can start here.
Linking up with:
Blogstalking Thursday
Alphabe-Thursday









10 comments:
Happy Memorial Day! Have fun trying all those tasty looking treats.
Yum!
Okay, all of this food looks amazing! You know, I never thought of drinking at Disney (probably because I've never been there post-21), but those drinks look amazing! I hope you get to enjoy all of those treats, and more, during your trip!
Now I have a craving for a soft pretzel and a fruit smoothie.
Well I am going to go check that out! Maybe it's time to take the kiddos to Disney Land again...
the school bread sounds heavenly..
I've never been to Disneyland, Disney World, or anything else Disney except movies. I'm hungry, though, and those look good.
I had no idea Disney offered such an array (I won't say how many years ago I went to Disneyland one time at age 15 or so)... Looks enticing.
I have really enjoyed visiting your blog today and although the start of this comment is Generic to others today I will personalise at the end. I know what its like to not have many visitors so may aim is to say hi to everyone of you .
wow I love idea of grown up slushi
Wow. Some of these treats look rather tasty...
Not only do they come up with brilliant movies but they have these bold treats to tempt us too...
What's a girl to do?
Thanks for linking.
A+
Post a Comment