Tuesday, January 18, 2011

New Cooktop!

Right before Thanksgiving one of our electric cooktop's burners stopped working.  Just poofed out. 
We managed to cook our meals but it was becoming increasing difficult. It was the largest burner and postitioned in the front left spot.  It became a major pain and with the holidays approaching, I knew I needed to replace it. STAT!
We purchased a Kenmore induction cooktop and hoped it would fit in the granite cut out. It did! Our electrician installed it because we needed to upgrade our circuit from 30 to 40 amp.

No knobs to clean under and around. Smooth and lovely.
Induction cooking took a little getting used to (and all new pots and pans--they have to be magnetic and most of my metal pots weren't.).
It boils water so quickly, I still can't believe it!


Pin It

8 comments:

Erin@likegrandmas said...

Niiiiice! I need one of those, well I don't but, I DO! I will dream about having one of these!

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said...

Cool....whatcha got cookin good looking lol! I loved my cooktop had one in my old house....Enjoy!

Heather@myeverydaygraces said...

Hi Heather, Yay, for your new cooktop! That is exciting. I have wondered about how they do... I hope you let us know in a few months if you still love it:) and/or any limitations. Can you do canning on it? That is one thing I don't like about my electric glass cooktop.

Life in Rehab said...

If my husband sees this post I'm never speaking to you again. He either wants one of these, or he wants me to have gas run in. ARGHHHHH!

jenn said...

We bought an induction stove last October too and I will never use gas again. What a huge difference it's made for my cooking, so fast and now that I've gotten the hang of the immediate changes to the heating that occurs I'm loving it! Luckily we only needed new fry pans and skillets so that was just lucky!

https://jennoreilly.wordpress.com/

Chelsea said...

Oh, very nice! Sometimes I like when old things break, because then you get to replace it with a newer one! :)

~Chelsea

Val said...

What a great cook top!! I'd love to have one that was easy to clean!!! Happy Wednesday!

Life with Kaishon said...

Holy wow. That is all sorts of nice. LOVE it! Super happy for you friend!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails