Tuesday, January 11, 2011

{Recipe} Microwave Cornbread..Really!

You're probably saying SHUT UP like Elaine from Seinfeld would {chest push included}
I know...I know..who knew you could have hot, yummy cornbread in about 5 minutes?!
I was looking for a cornbread recipe when this one caught my eye. I was skeptical but the reviews were all good so I gave it a try.
It mixes and bakes all in one dish. I changed it a little by using half whole wheat flour.
Mix 1/4 cup of whole wheat flour, 1/4 cup of white flour,1/2 cup of corn meal, 2 TBS of sugar, 2 tsp of baking powder and 1/4 tsp of salt in a microwave save dish. Are you digging my wedding shower Corning ware dish?  You'll see it in all it's 80's glory below.
Add one egg, 1/2 cup of milk (I used non-fat) and 2 TBS of vegetable oil (I used canola).
Stir it all up.  Bake in the microwave on high for about 3 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Turn it half way through cooking time if you don't have a rotating tray in your microwave.
Looks and smells like cornbread.
Add some butter and honey if you like. Yes, please!
Yum! 
We all liked it but agree we like the toasty-ness of baked cornbread better but we'll definitely make this one again if time is tight.  It was even better the next day!
Linking up with:

Pin It

5 comments:

Mel said...

that's my kindacookin' :)

I haven't had corn bread very often, it's not something we eat up here much.

Sheila said...

Now, that looks yummy and something I have time to do :)

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

This looks so good, and I could eat that honey right from the jar right now... can you tell I'm on a diet?

Busy as a Bee in Paris said...

LOVe cornbread!

Sarah @ Sugar Bananas! said...

mmm, and with honey too! I never thought of making this in the microwave. Thanks for the idea.

Sarah

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails