We took our annual trip into Philly to enjoy the Christmas festivities.
I had layers under my clothes because it was going to be a cold one!
We decided to stay overnight and had this view from our room. (City Hall)
Our first stop was the Comcast Center where we met up with my sister and brother in law for a ride in the Universal Sphere. It's a cute Shrek holiday themed ride (kind of like Soarin' in Disney). We even saw Santa walking by and Mr. Click got a high five.
We were early for our next reservation and did some walking around the Christmas markets where some of the vendors were opening.
After that we headed over to the Wanamaker Building for their annual light show. It could be the last year for it so I'm glad we got to see it.
We had reservations for the Dickens Village too. This was new, though!
The Dickens Village is a walk through exhibit and story of A Christmas Carol. It's a bit creepy but we love it!
Here's a video I found of it to give you a better idea.We did more sightseeing and snapped this pic in front of a very festive bar.
We had a drink up in the Sky Bar. My espresso martini had gold flakes on it. Fancy! We had dinner in town and went back to our hotel.
I love a hotel room coffee with a view.We took a slight detour to Historic Smithville
It's a cute little village with shops, kiddie rides and restaurants. It was also decorated very festively.
I did some damage in the stores before we headed home. My favorite was Feather Your Nest.
It was a fun weekend!Linking Up:
Pin It

9 comments:
That does sound like a fun weekend!
What a fun weekend!
A fun way to spend time getting ready for Christmas. I do like the story A Christmas Carol. Were the displays made of wax?
It looks like you did a lot and had a fun time in Philly and NJ.
Wow, the sites of the city are so pretty and festive! That bar is so cool looking and the Christmas market looks like a lot of fun. What a great place to spend some time before Christmas. I love all the history of New Jersey. I´ve not seen many of the historical sites, but the ones I´ve seen have been really cool. I love early American history and we don´t have as much of that in Ohio :).
Looks like a lovely holiday.
Looks like a great holiday - Happy New Year! Hope the new year has been great so far!
Looks like a great time! That martini is so fun & fancy!
What a fun time! I love Smithville - such a gem!
Post a Comment