I like pinning things on Pinterest but don't really go back and create outfits that often. I decided to use items in my closet and search for outfit ideas to see what I could replicate.
I first tried searching for some green pants (that I got from Anthro with my birthday coupon) outfit ideas. I have a similar sweater to the inspiration pic. I added black boots like she has on.
I loved this look but I don't have an oversized cardigan like that so I borrowed a sweater from Mr. Click's closet. I added my beige Chelsea boots. I should look for a cardigan like that when I'm thrifting.
I think this might be my favorite recreation. It's comfortable but looks pulled together.
I wear jeans most of the time so I needed some jeans/sweater combos. I don't usually think to layer a button down under my sweater like this and I love it.
I struggle with ideas for this striped lady jacket, the green pants give it a fresh look. I never wear it all buttoned up but I will now!
I thrifted this blazer and I needed ideas for a casual look. I had everything else in my closet already.
I just got this striped long sleeve tee from Gap Factory and tried to recreate this look, down to the pose. It was hard, I don't think my legs are long enough!
I liked this idea for cropped cream pants and a camel cardigan with a black tee. It's a "ladies who lunch" look!
I like it better without the hat (on me).
This outfit caught my eye because I have a similar striped sweater. I tried it with the pants from a lounge set I have since they are the only brown pants I own. I would have never thought to put those two items together. I don't hate it --and it was so comfortable and cozy.
So how did I do with my Pinterest outfit recreation experiment?
Please follow me!
Instagram @heather_ourlife

5 comments:
Wow Heather, you did a great job with the recreation of those outfits. They all look so nice on you! I love that sweater you daughter knitted for you! She is so talented and it came out beautiful. :D
You really did a fantastic job of recreating the looks. I have a black and white stripe sweater like that and you gave me inspiration to wear it that way. LOL...I am trying to embrace the half tuck...just bought some "garment magnets" on Amazon to make a half tuck look without tucking. We shall see....Love that your daughter knits - what a gift!
Well done Heather. ;-)
Your daughter is gifted, knitting is not easy, I have tried to knit more than just scarves, but so far I am still only a beginner... and not doing very well to get past knitting scarves. Ha Ha!
Wow you did a really great job recreating these outfits! I like so many of the "new" ones you pulled together.
Those outfits are so chic! And you really did a great job in recreating them. I will look to add similar staples to my closet and try to recreate these. Your daughter did an amazing job with your sweater. What an incredible gift!
Post a Comment