Tuesday, June 24, 2025

Stranger Things on Broadway-A Day in NYC

City Girl #1 called and asked if I wanted to go see Stranger Things The First Shadow on Broadway the next day. She had won the ticket lottery and had a second ticket up for grabs. It was for a Sunday matinee and the timing worked so I said "yes"!
 Mr. Click dropped me off a the train station and I read my book on the way to the city.
CG met me at Penn Station and we stopped for some cappuccinos on our walk to the theatre.

The show is in the Marquis Theatre in the Marriott Marquis Hotel. It's very slick and modern looking.  You take a few escalators up to the theatre.
The concession area.
With my girlie!  It was so cool to get the PRIDE Playbills!
We didn't get a cocktail but some of them looked interesting.
I wasn't sure what the show was about but did a little research before I got up there.
It's set in Hawkins in 1959 so it's a prequel to the Stranger Things tv show. We absolutely loved this show.  It has some scary parts of course (one huge jump scare for me!) and the special effects are incredible--truly mind blowing!  The cast was amazing and the show had so many fun elements, there was a lot of music, dancing and humor and it's a play not a musical!  Seeing the Stranger Things tv show  parents as high school kids was a lot of fun too.  

It is a long show, almost 3 hours and I had to book it out of there to get my train home.  CG got me to Penn Station in plenty of time.   Waiting for my NJ Transit platform is always stressful.
I had a nice, uneventful train ride home and I couldn't stop thinking about the show!!
Mr. Click and I had a really nice dinner on the way home.  What a Sunday!

Please follow me! 





Pin It

8 comments:

Kathrine Eldridge said...

I would love to see this show! I can't wait to see the last season that is hopefully coming at the end of this year. Thanks for sharing your experience!

https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

Ann said...

What a great day for you - those cocktails looked interesting, too. That theater is so different from the old Broadway venues - glad you had a wonderful time!

Nancy Andres at Colors 4 Health said...

Wow. Looks and sounds like you had a marvelous time. I haven't been to a Broadway Show in many a moon, and sure hope to get to see this show before too long. Thanks for sharing this special outing with us.

Joanne said...

That sounds like a fabulous show!

Laura | Everyday Edits said...

love your spontaneity heather! i need to figure out the trains! the baby has gone to pittsburgh and back on it . i think lion king was at that theatre before covid! happy tuesday!

Doused in Pink | Chicago Style Blog said...

So fun! I enjoyed Stranger Things and would love to see it in the theater!

Jill - Doused in Pink

Carla from The River said...

Well I say, that is so fun. To spend time with CG is icing on the cake. ;-)
xx oo
Carla

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

I enjoyed watching stranger things the tv show and this show sounds good. That is great that your daughter and you went to see the show together. The drinks look great and the first one sounds awesome. Going to Broadway shows are so fun and what a great day. It's nice you ended it with going out to dinner with Mr. Click!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails