Thursday, June 26, 2025

{DIY} Recovering The Bar Stools-AGAIN

We recently repainted our island to this pretty color Seacliff Heights and felt like the bar stools needed a refresh as well.

We added the current fabric back in 2014 and you can see that post here.  The hardest part was removing all of the old staples. I used a screwdriver to lift them and needle nose pliers to pull them out.
[Our old kitchen and island]
The process of covering them was the same this time, and I used the old fabric as a pattern for the new fabric.  I bought two yards but could have gotten away with one. We used my dad's very old staple gun (thank you!) to attach the new fabric.
Mr. Click helped me put the chairs back together.
We added new felt pads to the feet.
The new fabric is pretty subtle and has a slight texture to it.
It definitely lightens up the space along with the new island color.
We'll probably change out the stools eventually but for now, they are working well in the space.

I know a certain kitty who is enjoying them!

Please follow me! 


Pin It

8 comments:

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

Heather, you & Mr. Click did a great job covering the chairs with the new fabric. I love the way the chairs look with the newly painted island.

Ann said...

The new covers look great - really goes with the island. I use those same pads under our stools, too. You inspired me...I need to re-do the seat in our bathroom vanity. Heading out shopping and will look for fabric - thanks for the push! Enjoy your new seats and have a great day!

R's Rue said...

Looks lovely.

Nicole Orriƫns said...

I love how they turned out. They look great!

R's Rue said...

Thinking of you.

Gina said...

Good job! This is such a gratifying project. I bet it felt like the chairs were new! They do have some lovely details, including the pretty kitty cat.

Carla from The River said...

Nice work Heather, they look great ... and hello sweet kitty.

Joanne said...

They look wonderful!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails