Friday, March 14, 2025

{Recipe} Cannellini Bean, Couscous & Spinach Soup

 This is my take on Julie's amazing Kale, Bean & Mushroom Soup.  I use my blog as a recipe index and wanted to have my version for easy reference.

I made it the other night and it was a hit again!

Ingredients:
(serves 6-8)
1 cup diced carrots
1/2 cup diced onions
2 TBS butter
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (more or less to taste)
2 cans cannellini beans & their liquid
5 oz Israeli pearled couscous
4 cups veggie broth
4 cups water
1 tsp oregano

8-12 oz baby spinach, roughly chopped (can sub chopped kale)
salt & pepper to taste

1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (for topping)

To make:
  • Melt butter in large soup pot, add carrots and onions and cook until onions are translucent
  • Add minced garlic and red pepper flakes, cook a few minutes being careful not to burn the garlic
  • Add cannellini beans and their liquid, couscous, vegetable broth, water and oregano to the pot, stir to combine
  • Bring to a boil and then simmer on low for 30 minutes until couscous is cooked
  • Add baby spinach. Cover pot and let the spinach wilt for a few minutes, stirring to combine it all
  • Add salt and pepper to taste
Serve with grated mozzarella cheese on top.  Enjoy!!



Please follow me! 
Pin It

8 comments:

Joanne said...

That looks delicious!

Carla from The River said...

Yum... and I will post my recipe of our Creamy Spinach Ravioli Soup next week. Promise. ;-)

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

Heather, thanks for the shout out on the soup. I will have to make your version of it as it sounds so good using carrots and spinach.

Carol On The Lake said...

It looks so tasty

Maria Rineer said...

I've never prepared couscous before but I would like to as I do like it. The soup looks really good. I'd probably add chicken to it to make it heartier. Thanks for the recipe!

Hena Tayeb said...

It looks great.. my kids wouldn't touch it.. lol.

csuhpat1 said...

That looks very yummy.

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Sounds and looks delicious. Wonderful combo of cons cons and beans

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails