If you want your house to smell amazing and treat everyone to some sweet, tasty scones, I've got the recipe for you!
The hardest part might be finding the cinnamon chips(I found mine at Walmart). If you can't find them, any baking chips will work!
I started with this recipe and made some adjustments based on the comments.
Recipe:
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1/3 cup + 2 TBS sugar
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
1 cup buttermilk (*I made my own by adding 1 TBS lemon juice or apple cider vinegar to 1 cup milk. I used soy milk, but any milk is fine*)
1/2 package (10 oz) cinnamon chips (the original recipe calls for the whole bag)
2 TBS of butter, melted
1/2 - 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
To make:
Preheat oven to 425ºF
- In large bowl combine flour, 1/3 cup of sugar, baking powder, baking soda & salt. Optional add in 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles course crumbs.
- Stir in buttermilk until just moistened.
- Fold in cinnamon chips.
- Turn onto a floured surface and knead until no longer sticky (about 10-12 times).
- Divide in half and press each half into a 7 " circle.
- Brush with butter and sprinkle 2 TBS of sugar and (optional) 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Cut each circle into 6 wedges. Separate wedges and place on greased baking sheet (I used parchment paper).
- Bake at 425ºF for 10-13 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve warm. They freeze well.
Enjoy!!
Please follow me!
Instagram @heather_ourlife
Facebook ourlifeinaclick
Linking up:
Pin It
.jpeg)

.jpeg)
.jpeg)

6 comments:
These sound delicious! I just had a cinnamon chip scone this weekend at the college open house and I loved it.
Heather, the cinnamon scones look so good and thanks for the recipe to make them.
Yum. Send some my way.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com
Oooh....I can almost smell the cinnamon! Thanks for sharing:-)
I love scones, I love cinnamon, I am pinning! :-)
Those look so very yummy.
Post a Comment