Friday, September 6, 2024

{Travel} India Trip - Travel Day(s)

 I mentioned my epic trip to India in this post and I'm finally doing a post (or ten) about it.  City Girl was in a wedding that happened to be taking place in India and invited me as her "plus one". What an honor!

I didn't have a lot of time to think about it and before I knew it, an e-visa was secured and I was packed up and ready to go.   I wore these comfy Costco pants on the plane (trying out the outfit as I packed).  Dark clothes are better for me when I'm flying...and lots of layers!
You may have seen my IG story of how and what I packed in a carry-on.  
I stayed at CG's place the night before we left and here's my luggage, all ready to go in the morning.
We flew out of JFK and flew business class so we headed to the swanky Emirates lounge.

We had some breakfast and relaxed in the lounge.
Ready to fly with some prosecco!
I had never flown Emirates, let alone Emirates Business. I loved my little cubby.  I already had the provided slippers on.
The food was so good, we had a few choices and this was my appetizer mezze plate.
And my entree.
They handed out the softest pjs, a bag full of amenities, sleep mask, slippers, etc. We even got little mattresses for our seats and comfy blankets.
The ceiling was covered with twinkly stars.  I had no trouble falling asleep.
We had a 5 hour layover in DUBAI! We also went to the lounge in Dubai because we were so tired (it was the middle of the night for us) and the Dubai airport didn't have the best places to sit if you weren't in a lounge.
Onto the next flight...I was upgraded to First Class so I had my own little cabin.
I was so tired and not very hungry so I just ordered the carrot lentil soup.
I had my soup and went right to sleep.  I woke up as we were landing in Bangalore.
We had a chauffeur to the hotel where we ran into the sweet bride and groom before checking into our lovely room at the JW Marriott Bangalore.

to be continued...

Please follow me!
Instagram @heather_ourlife 
Facebook ourlifeinaclick

Linking up:


Pin It

8 comments:

mireille said...

I haven't flown Emirates but have flown Quatar airways which was really nice, the best we have flown! I really like your carry on bags which are my preferred way to travel!
www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

I've heard Quatar is amazing too!! Thanks for stopping over and visiting my blog!

Joanne said...

I tend to wear dark layers when traveling too! Those pj's do look so nice and comfy.

Ann said...

WOW - and this is just the beginning of your adventure. Can't wait to hear about the rest of the trip ! You are inspiring me to pack light for our upcoming trip....but I will probably take TOO much. Keep the India posts coming!

Tamar SB said...

How fun t o fly business and first class!!!!

csuhpat1 said...

Looks like a great start to the trip. Looking forward to the rest of it.

Carla from The River said...

I am so excited to read more!!!

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

Heather, how nice for you to fly business and first class for your trip to India. I can't wait to hear all about your trip.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails